Is this a bullet hole and damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had a member text me with that same theory. I think some fletching material would be there though.
Or a shaft? But you'd be surprised at how good a vane properly applied sticks, I used to do them all the time and basically had to melt off the existing ones with an overnight acetone soak (old school aluminum shafts).

For the record it looks like a bullet hole to me.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If it didn't bury the arrow all the way to the fletchings, the arrow could be pulled out. If it was a pass through, the arrow should be easy to find. Thanks
Mmm, hadn’t thought about that. The arrow was sticking out and the shooter could have pulled it out.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a dumb kid we would shoot our arrows (practice) in the air and run to try and avoid them coming back down. Seems to me one of them may have embedded itself in the brand new siding on my parents house…. If I recall the hole was similar.
(BTW, this was our form of entertainment when i was young and dumb, either this or doing the same with Jarts).

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use a laser pointer out side, and look for where it points, inside. If it is a shot that came from a distance, then most likely the inner hole should slight lower and the laser (dowel will point down). Look in the area of the laser dot inside and you might see a light impression mark on the wall. The bullet could anywhere, if it is a bullet and didn't penetrate inside. I could still have had spin and or inertia and flew off any where.

Latest posts

Top Bottom