Is this how you’d like your tax dollars spent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Norman Police Department unveils special badges to honor LGBTQ History Month
D8A63213-3BC9-4223-9B43-F6C07F1F81FF.jpeg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How one for all the other special interest groups too?

edit to add:

From their website 171 officers and let’s say each badge cost $75. Comes in just under $13K. Now that we’ve opened Pandora’s box multiple this time all the other special interest groups that deserve being represented and you have several positions that could be created. Didn’t we hear them complaining about not enough officers and budget recently?

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idiots are among us.
We knew that though.
Mustang Creek School here had a fund raiser because there was not enough coppy paper pencils or pens and other office supplies to
use.
My neighbor was on the PTA and organized a lot of the fundraiser herself and donated a lot of time and money to help out since her kids go to school there.
They collected a lot of money and then some Fool in the "High Chair" thought they needed one of those big electronic signs out front.
My neighbor was furious that everyone thought that would look really nice.

WTF people you still do not have enough office supplies.
Money squandered for JUNK!!!!

Happens everywhere.
She quit the PTA and Never gives money to the schools. I am with her on that.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense that the city of Norman would do this. In addition to being the home of a large university and all the left leaning individuals that brings to town. Norman has also been the home of a state mental hospital for well over 100 years. As you can imagine hundreds of thousands of people have moved, or been sent, to Norman over the years for help. Many of these same people never moved away again. Of course, the original patents are gone now, but their kids and grand kids still live there. I’m not saying all Norman residence are crazy. Just that the city of Norman has a much higher than normal population of “extra colorful” folks living there.

This is not to put the city of Norman down. It’s a really nice town. I enjoy visiting there. We just have to accept that it’s a little different than most.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's heartwarming. And just think of the profound difference it will make. So, they'll budget $13k a month for special badges to honor whatever 'protected' group we are celebrating that month?

Latest posts

Top Bottom