Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You never know til you ask since it is legal for them to do it, and just for your general knowledge it is legal for a 18 to take the CCL course but they have to wait til 21 to apply.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Won't your parents give you one as a gift? As far as I know, that's ok. Probably Gazallions of young men, and ladies, were given their gun at a special birthday, occasion, or Christmas. Tell me if I am wrong on this.

JadeOK

Marksman
Reaction score
Won't your parents give you one as a gift? As far as I know, that's ok. Probably Gazallions of young men, and ladies, were given their gun at a special birthday, occasion, or Christmas. Tell me if I am wrong on this.
maybe, but if i'm under 21, am i allowed to carry it? or even just posess? or would it have to stay in my apartment or something?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Under 21 you can possess it and carry it I think you must be 18 but do not quote me on that.
Carry as in to the vehicle to go to the gun range or hunting woods or ???
That will be legal here in OK.
I was 18 and went hunting often carried my own gun in my own car and never thought a thing about it.
Not a loaded gun though.

Read here.
https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/guns-in-vehicles-in-oklahoma/

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only on this site can someone ask if it's legal for a person under 21 to purchase a handgun from a private sale and the first response is it's a straw purchase.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only on this site can someone ask if it's legal for a person under 21 to purchase a handgun from a private sale and the first response is it's a straw purchase.
You might want to re-read the OP... :drunk2:

I was wondering if there was any law that prohibited someone over 21 from buying from a dealer then selling to me.
___

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No, that wasn't the first question.

"I'm 19 years old and I've moved out so I'm looking to get a handgun. I know to buy from an FFL, you must be 21 and that I can only buy from a private seller without an FFL. I was wondering if there was any law that prohibited someone over 21 from buying from a dealer then selling to me. I feel like buying with the intention of selling is where it might get messy, maybe I just made this up. I was just wondering if there were any legal issues with that."

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that as someone bought a gun and she intends to purchase it from them. Not that she is asking someone to purchase it from a dealer for her. Maybe I'm wrong.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The way he put the question it would have been a straw purchase...........

" any law that prohibited someone over 21 from buying from a dealer then selling to me" That is the exact definition of a straw purchase.......................

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if I buy a gun and end up selling it to someone else, that's a straw purchase? Ive always thought that was when you asked someone to buy a firearm for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom