Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see where this differs from half of the folks selling guns here. Or the ones who bought the osa receivers with intents to resell them.
This has what to do with the OP's question? What other folks do is up to them but the OP asks what is legal, not what we think should be legal or illegal . As far as I am concerned if you're paying your own bills and can go die for your country you should be able to go buy a gun............

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has what to do with the OP's question? What other folks do is up to them but the OP asks what is legal, not what we think should be legal or illegal . As far as I am concerned if you're paying your own bills and can go die for your country you should be able to go buy a gun............
if there was any law that prohibited someone over 21 from buying from a dealer then selling to me

From US law shield
With the purchase out of the way, the next question that comes up is the actual transfer or gift. Under state law, the majority of states allow the transfer of a firearm among residents of the same state, so long as the person isn’t disqualified from possessing a firearm. However, you must use caution. The law regarding the possession and transfer of firearms is not uniform throughout the United States and can vary greatly from state to state. Many states impose age restrictions on private transfers of firearms (typically, 18 years of age, but it could be as high as 21).

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gifts... again, not what the OP asked about!!
Ill try again in case you didn't have your glasses on....

From US law shield
With the purchase out of the way, the next question that comes up is the actual transfer or gift. Under state law, the majority of states allow the transfer of a firearm among residents of the same state, so long as the person isn’t disqualified from possessing a firearm. However, you must use caution. The law regarding the possession and transfer of firearms is not uniform throughout the United States and can vary greatly from state to state. Many states impose age restrictions on private transfers of firearms (typically, 18 years of age, but it could be as high as 21).

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
And I will say Sell, transfer, and gift are all three different words with completely different meanings!! Look em up, you do not even have to crack a book just google it up. OP asked if it is legal for someone to purchase a firearm with the intent of selling it to the OP. Not transfer, not gift but sell. Illegal... no matter how many times you post the paragraph from law shield it does not change what the OP asked.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I will say Sell, transfer, and gift are all three different words with completely different meanings!! Look em up, you do not even have to crack a book just google it up. OP asked if it is legal for someone to purchase a firearm with the intent of selling it to the OP. Not transfer, not gift but sell. Illegal... no matter how many times you post the paragraph from law shield it does not change what the OP asked.
It's obvious we disagree. We won't change each others minds, so I'll just let this go here. No hard feelings, no worries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom