Is this the Alamo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the biggest misconception about the SC ruling is that it actually affects abortions. The decision was to remove government from the equation. Period. That's it. It's in the states hands now. Some people just want to ***** about anything. There will still be states that allow it and those that don't. If somebody needs one that bad, drive to another freaking state and get it. Personally, I think up to 135th trimester abortions should be legal in some cases.
The decision was to remove the federal government from the equation. Which is why state governments are free to change laws. Just which layer of government making the decision changed.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
The decision was to remove the federal government from the equation. Which is why state governments are free to change laws. Just which layer of government making the decision changed.
It's all about returning the power to the states. The people don't get to vote on SC rulings. They do however vote for those who make state law. That gives the people the power to shape law in the states.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not the actual “same” person in most cases. Just as there are revolver people and semi-auto people within the handgun society. Assuming that all democrats or all republicans have all the same opinions is part of our divisive problem in society.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not the actual “same” person in most cases. Just as there are revolver people and semi-auto people within the handgun society. Assuming that all democrats or all republicans have all the same opinions is part of our divisive problem in society.
Hear hear. If we didn’t make abortion an issue we would rule this country nonstop

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morally, I personally feel like abortion is wrong. But, in cases of rape, incest, underage pregnancies, serious complications, and still births I honestly feel like it is ok and should be allowed, no questions asked. As a guy who is looking at having kids soon, and we aren’t in our early 20’s, I do worry about my soon to be wife’s health and the health of our future children. The idea that being responsible, waiting for financial and marital stability before bringing offspring in this world is the way to do things. I don’t think we should be punished for it if sudddenly things get reversed and say, we find out that the child is gonna be born without a rib cage or is missing a brain.

But, before all else, and more importantly than any emotions and circumstances anyone could dream of, I feel that the government has no right to tell people what they can and cannot do with their bodies. Nor do people have the right to rule over what other people do.
What about what they do with other people's bodies? AFAIAC, you can do anything you like with a consenting adult or adults. Not so with children. Suddenly, there is another body involved, and it's not consenting. Not nearly old enough to be giving consent. It is not just the woman's body anymore. Even in cases of rape or incest, or under-age pregnancies, it is not the baby that is at fault.

Personally, I would not force a woman or girl who was raped to carry the baby to term. But I would encourage it, and help support her while she did so, since it is still not the baby's fault.

Had a girlfriend long ago who had a sister who was also her daughter. She'd made me promise not to tell anyone before confiding this to me. I didn't tell anyone. I was in the USAF, and my supervisor had a friend who was in the OSI detachment at our base. I told the OSI agent. GF was also in the USAF, so they had jurisdiction, despite us being in Florida, and her siblings in California. Her father and stepmother eventually wound up in prison. She married someone else, and last I heard, was trying to get custody of her sisters, who were still minors.

I also believe that rape should be a capital crime.

Bill

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t say “all” I said most likely. Just imagine how low our taxes would become if we didn’t have all that social burden
There is a simple solution to the "social burden." Stop providing it. People will have to find their own way to provide for themselves and their offspring. Maybe they'll think twice before engaging into an activity that has consequences beyond their ability to provide.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I also believe that rape should be a capital crime.

Bill
I couldn't agree more. If anyone needs to be executed, it is not the unborn person. Anyone convicted of rape should face an automatic death sentence. And certainly, no statute of limitations.

Woody

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a simple solution to the "social burden." Stop providing it. People will have to find their own way to provide for themselves and their offspring. Maybe they'll think twice before engaging into an activity that has consequences beyond their ability to provide.

Woody
That’s crueler than abortion. Just leave
Severely handicapped children to beg on corners?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Woody
Sadly there have only been 3 documented cases in the history of mankind where a couple about to engage in coitus considered the long term socioeconomic ramifications of what could happen in 9 months and said to each other naw let's not do this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom