Is This The Beginning Of The End?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check dates. The yellowfin migrates around the gulf. Around Louisiana Jan/Feb are best, South around Galveston or further South around South Padre, June is the best but it's hotter than hades.
One of our Louisiana RV friends are going to find a good guide in prime time around their area for the next season.
Hrm, guess we could take a Caribbean cruise in jan/feb and leave from NOLA, but spend some time in NOLA first. Would be a better time for my wife anyway, she almost died the last time in NOLA due to heat stroke, and that is not an exaggeration! We spent time in the French Quarter and she got way over heated, which progressed into heat stroke before we could get back to the hotel (she didn't want to pay for a cab, so we tried to take the trolly). We went into a CVS to get out of the heat and she took her blood pressure, was around 35/55. I bought her some water, gatorade, a couple of slim jims for salt. I also got one of those snap cold packs, she put it in the back of her shirt and completely drained all the cold from it in less than 5 minutes. We finally got back to the hotel and got her in a cold shower. She refused to go to the hospital as she knew they would keep her over night and we would miss the cruise. What can you do? She is half Japanese and half Hispanic, to say she is stubborn is a vast understatement!
Ever since then though if she is out in the heat for more than 20 minutes and has to do any walking it completely drains her and takes her a few hours to recover. So going to NOLA during winter might be a good idea lol.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next time you are in the Tulsa area, try Caribbean Sushi at 101st and S Elm Pl in BA. Their poke bowls are outstanding! They have a different twist on edamame as well, its put in a garlic soy sauce that takes them up a notch. They have a pretty good sushi selection as well.

One of my bucket list items is to go fishing for salmon in Alaska, filleting it right there, rinse and have the freshest salmon sashimi ever.

About fresh fish for sushi…. Most if not all fish that is caught is frozen before consumption which kills off the parasites living in the fish. Wild caught salmon is one of those fish that contains parasites.

So, enjoy catching a salmon and preparing a meal from it. Just don’t eat it raw, unless you like to live dangerously.

+1 on Caribbean sushi. We enjoy eating there 1-2 times per month. The chef has a nice collection of hot sauces and there’s even a challenge roll where each piece gets hotter. The blend of Japanese and Caribbean influences on the food is different and pleasing. I always get a roll with plantain. The K-Pop music videos on the TV screens is entertaining as well.

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve really been digging this Korean bibimbap sauce. They have a milder version, too. It’s a little sweet with heat.

46D60A5A-FEA7-47DE-9920-F052EDA1275F.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom