Isn't She a Beauty !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered cutting, turning ,and threading tooling last night. It will be two more weeks before I'm off crutches. I'm glad I have a tall shop stool.
Have you had a chance to work with the lathe much? I am getting an itch to buy a lathe. I’d like something I could machine bars around 40” or so.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found Quinn a couple days ago. I’m amazed by her knowledge of trigonometry and matching application. Very smart lady!

Wait! Reading the manual is cheating!
Quinn at BlondiHacks has a PM lathe very much like it. You can watch her videos while healing!

I have my HF 7x10 & Atlas TH42 up and running now. Working on the Smithy CB-1220XL now. The SB Heavy 10L is awaiting more attention. Thought the Smithy would be easier, until I discovered the FWD/REV switch was messed up. The new switch is physically larger that the old, discontinued one, so filing must ensue.

Bill

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, spent many an hour standing at 1 or a mill years ago. This going to be firearm related or are you going into the model A water pump shaft business lol.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to work with the lathe much? I am getting an itch to buy a lathe. I’d like something I could machine bars around 40” or so.
Yes, I've been making a few things. I made some bushings to hole the wheels in place on an antique table for my wife. I made a thread protector for the Sigg 522 in this picture and the stock adapter.
Sig  (1).JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom