Issues with Shaw Homes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definetely think its a wind related incident. We have 1/2 acre lots with NOTHING between them.....and they are almost all backyard. Spring's a comin, so we will find out sooner than later if it is resolved.

@Gunbuffer, i believe it vents to the attic, but i'll have to double check. I did double check if it was drawing anything when running and it definetley does.
I would check the code.

Venting an exhaust fan into the attic may be against code. That’s worth checking and something tangible you can go after them with.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check the code.

Venting an exhaust fan into the attic may be against code. That’s worth checking and something tangible you can go after them with.

It’s no longer code to vent into the attic. It was permissible at one time. Heck, you weren’t even required to have an exhaust fan if you had a window in the bathroom that opened.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure who did the work, but I looked at a house south of Sapulpa recently. I would've been ashamed to put my name on it if I'd done that shoddy of a job; I mean, there was no corner left uncut and no expense unspared. The view out the back was nice enough, but you had to look through deck railings that were either crooked or fishhook shaped (and I'm not joking about that--if the nails ever gave way, you'd hear that twang in Collinsville). It was maybe 1200sqft, and they wanted almost $100K for it. Uh, no thanks.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make a "washable" flat paint but if you don't have it and use cheap flat paint in the wet areas the water spots won't go away and will look awful.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure who did the work, but I looked at a house south of Sapulpa recently. I would've been ashamed to put my name on it if I'd done that shoddy of a job; I mean, there was no corner left uncut and no expense unspared. The view out the back was nice enough, but you had to look through deck railings that were either crooked or fishhook shaped (and I'm not joking about that--if the nails ever gave way, you'd hear that twang in Collinsville). It was maybe 1200sqft, and they wanted almost $100K for it. Uh, no thanks.

Was probably a Rousch-Coleman home. I did a lot of work in several of their areas and I would rather have a 30 year old mobile home than a brand new RC home. A weak F1 will level an entire neighborhood of these homes. I kid you not, they are some of the worst homes I've ever seen and almost all of them have problems, major problems, from the day the new owner walks in. I went to one where the home owner was just moving in and you could see severe cracks already in the walls, half the electrical didn't work (may have just been breakers turned off though) and 2 of the 3 cable outlets had to be reworked because the idiots stabled through them in the walls.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well they have offered to pay for 75% of having it repainted by the same guy who did the original work ($300 on his end $100 on oirs). Told them I didn't think that was a reasonable solution and want them to pay for it all . He said he would see if the painter would do it cheaper or pay me $100 to do it myself. I jist laughed at that one .

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My shower makes our walls wet in the master bath and we use our exhaust fan. It happens much more when it’s cold. I used valspars next to best paint and it’s a chocolate color. When it dries you can see where the water was running down the wall. I take my little dustmop and dampen it and then scrub the walls and the spots come off. I still don’t. Like it though. I don’t know what to do to stop it. I don’t take showers but my wife does. And she has a habit of staying in there a long time.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I stood my ground . They sent the painter out yesterday to repaint the whole bathroom . He wanted $400 to paint the bathroom in six hours. He was done in 2.5 and Shaw picked up the whole thing instead of trying to get me to pay 25%.

Still firmly do not recommend them and I'm beyond happy to hopefully never deal with them again . As long as that window holds tight in tonight's storms, I think we are 100% done!

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How old is the house?
209B2F07-E397-4FCC-941D-306F724CA52E.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom