Issues with Shaw Homes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you stood up to the maggots, they build houses as cheaply as they can these days. For instance if the don’t install a porch light it’s cheap, maybe 20 bucks and that’s not much but if there building 500 homes it’s $10,000 in their pocket.
I’ve read it’s best to buy a home that is at least 5 years old because if it’s going to settle, it will have settled all it’s going to in that time frame. But I still like new.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve read it’s best to buy a home that is at least 5 years old because if it’s going to settle, it will have settled all it’s going to in that time frame. But I still like new.

That's not quite true. My house was built in '75 and over the last 8 years its settled quite a bit more. What used to be a 1/8" seperation between my floor slab and foundation wall is now close to 3/4". Last summer I dropped $5k in piers. So, it can settle more after that.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 10 year warranty is on like the foundation and major electrical I believe . They didn't offer the 2 year builders warranty when we bought the house but either way, I'm just glad to be done with them.

Also, 2 other builders in tulsa area offer the 10 year warranty now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom