Istanbul Drill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right. My brother, a retired cop, has said that he has never arrested a guilty person
He would be one of the first.
There are hundreds of "criminals" being released from death row annually because of DNA evidence. Technology is great. Prosecutors and their Forensic investigators, not so much

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He would be one of the first.
There are hundreds of "criminals" being released from death row annually because of DNA evidence. Technology is great. Prosecutors and their Forensic investigators, not so much
There might be a few, but "HUNDREDS"? Every year? That strikes me as a an awful lot. I'd have to see the data before I could accept that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There might be a few, but "HUNDREDS"? Every year? That strikes me as a an awful lot. I'd have to see the data before I could accept that.

Here it is. The link breaks it down further by race, etc.
  • Since 1989, there have been tens of thousands of cases where prime suspects were identified and pursued—until DNA testing (prior to conviction) proved that they were wrongly accused.
  • In more than 25% of cases in a National Institute of Justice study, suspects were excluded once DNA testing was conducted during the criminal investigation (the study, conducted in 1995, included 10,060 cases where testing was performed by FBI labs).
An Innocence Project review of our closed cases from 2004 – June 2015 revealed that 29% of cases were closed because of lost or destroyed evidence.

https://www.innocenceproject.org/dna-exonerations-in-the-united-states/

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is. The link breaks it down further by race, etc.
  • Since 1989, there have been tens of thousands of cases where prime suspects were identified and pursued—until DNA testing (prior to conviction) proved that they were wrongly accused.
  • In more than 25% of cases in a National Institute of Justice study, suspects were excluded once DNA testing was conducted during the criminal investigation (the study, conducted in 1995, included 10,060 cases where testing was performed by FBI labs).
An Innocence Project review of our closed cases from 2004 – June 2015 revealed that 29% of cases were closed because of lost or destroyed evidence.

https://www.innocenceproject.org/dna-exonerations-in-the-united-states/
Had a look at the link, and I concede that hundreds are exonerated and released from prison but you specifically said 'death rows'. Did you mean prison or death row?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you called him a con man behind his back. That's called trashing.

Like I said, build a better organization than he did, and I'll be impressed. I'm really not impressed by keyboard heroics.

Stating that he's been convicted of fraud isn't trashing him behind his back. You can ignore that FACT if you wish, but many of us have taken the time to research the issue from both sides and have come to the conclusion that he isn't a person we'd be associated with, regardless of how good his training may be (some of which is legit and some of which is questionable). It's just like James Yeager. He may have some good points, but his integrity and decision making skills are questionable at best, so best to avoid training with someone who could be used against you in a court of law.

I personally knew an EXCELLENT firearms trainer back in the day who was convicted of OT fraud (felony in his state) when he worked for a PD. He was a really nice guy and would help anyone. He was incredibly good with a handgun and had a lot to offer. I spoke with him about his situation and he gave me his side of things. I researched the case and based on all the information, I determined that he was always looking for an angle or corner to cut and it bit him in the ass. Great guy, but I wouldn't take what he had to say to court, because I knew there were issues.

It really is that simple so defend Suarez if you want but you're not going to convince anyone here that he's 100% legit, because he's not. :(

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stating that he's been convicted of fraud isn't trashing him behind his back. You can ignore that FACT if you wish, but many of us have taken the time to research the issue from both sides and have come to the conclusion that he isn't a person we'd be associated with, regardless of how good his training may be (some of which is legit and some of which is questionable). It's just like James Yeager. He may have some good points, but his integrity and decision making skills are questionable at best, so best to avoid training with someone who could be used against you in a court of law.

I personally knew an EXCELLENT firearms trainer back in the day who was convicted of OT fraud (felony in his state) when he worked for a PD. He was a really nice guy and would help anyone. He was incredibly good with a handgun and had a lot to offer. I spoke with him about his situation and he gave me his side of things. I researched the case and based on all the information, I determined that he was always looking for an angle or corner to cut and it bit him in the ass. Great guy, but I wouldn't take what he had to say to court, because I knew there were issues.

It really is that simple so defend Suarez if you want but you're not going to convince anyone here that he's 100% legit, because he's not. :(
Bug difference between saying he was convicted of misdemeanor fraud, and saying he is currently a con man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom