It looks like it’s really getting bad in the west

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just the lakes and rivers in trouble. The western aquifers are being continuously drawn down requiring wells to be deepened. It would take hundreds of years to bring them back up to the levels they were 50 years ago if normal rainfall levels returned. Those people out there are screwed.
And as things get even uglier those people will start heading north and east….

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do not understand the problem due the following Experiment
1) Take a metal 5-gallon bucket fill it up with water and put in the hot July sun on concrete or asphalt
2) Have your wife take out 16 1/2 cups of water every day
3) You add 13 cups of water every day.
4) Guess what will happen

The average flow to lake Mead is 13,000,000 acer feed of water per year.
Withdrawal is 16,500,000 acer feet of water per year.
Is that called Government math? That is the way our BRILLIANT POLITICIANS manage our tax money, and they don't seem to have any worries about that running dry?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading many in the California are moving to Mexico. May be some redistribution going on now. It could be Mexicans are moving back it really didn’t say.
Is there more water in Mexico than California? That good, as long as they don't move to Oklahoma, and make it just like California!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just the lakes and rivers in trouble. The western aquifers are being continuously drawn down requiring wells to be deepened. It would take hundreds of years to bring them back up to the levels they were 50 years ago if normal rainfall levels returned. Those people out there are screwed.
I was taking about this this morning with my wife. Does Lake Mead, Powell, or the Colorado River supply Southern California with water, as well as power? I was planning on looking that up today! If so these people are in serious trouble!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean that the fortunes of the U.S. are tied to the prosperity of the states combined instead of just Oklahoma? I mean sure California accounts for almost 14.7% of U.S. GDP and 2nd place goes to Texas at 8.7% but Oklahoma accounts for 0.90% ($34k per capita under California) so we could break off to be our own 3rd world impoverished country.

I really do love this state and its people but lets have a reality check people.
FOOD requires water. Farmers require diesel and fertilizer.
The dumbasses in charge have seen to it that fuel and fertilizer are over inflated.
The demand for water, supplies strained by drought will effect us all, not just kommiefornia.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
FOOD requires water. Farmers require diesel and fertilizer.
The dumbasses in charge have seen to it that fuel and fertilizer are over inflated.
The demand for water, supplies strained by drought will effect us all, not just kommieforni.................I was talking about water, not polituics! I did look up some facts about the water supply in California! Aparently about one third of southern California's water comes from ground water, one third from Orville Lake in central California, and one third from the Colorado River, at and Havasu Lake! These numbers very depending on weather conditions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom