1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It Should Be Legal To Shoot Fleeing Felons

Discussion in 'News Links' started by pstmstr, Sep 30, 2019.

1. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Fleeing from the police should be a felony in itself. Innocent lives are placed in danger by people like this idiot who had just got out of jail. Fewer people would flee if they knew they might be dodging bullets. As it is now, hardly a day goes by without some fool running from the police. Most of the time, they have been previously arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Okie4570

Okie4570 Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Think about the punishments in other counties, they're pretty quick to use the death penalty, public hangings, beheading, etc and yet people still commit the crimes. I think it has more to do with the "I won't get caught mentality" or the "I'll get off on a technicality", and people just keep committing them. I still think a penal colony/island is the answer.....................survival of the fittest/smartest.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  3. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Fleeing from the police can be a felony, depending on the manner in which the criminal takes it. If it involved dangerous driving and putting other people in harm's way, they can be charged with a felony instead of misdemeanor.

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I remember as a kid watching groups of prisoners in the ditches with wick-whacks cutting johnson grass. Now taxpayers have to buy $150,000 in tractors and mowing equipment to keep those same ditches mowed when we used to get it done for free.

skyhawk1 likes this.