It was a tougher timeā€¦.šŸ¤£

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wheel of death

1678156486527.png

Here is the internet about my childhood

https://clickamericana.com/topics/f...ounds-our-great-grandparents-somehow-survived

1678156809272.png

Yeah, they survived and thrived and stormed the beaches at Normandie. What did your pussy ass do?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, not just one's own family garden hose...

...many a time, I drank from the hose of neighbors and not so close neighbors.

Even as a youngster, I was an explorer.
Garden hose hell, we had a cistern and cranked the water into my tin cup that was hanging on it year round.

1678157835569.png

Last edited:

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Back when I was a kid growing up in Northeast Kansas our town bordered the west bank of the Missouri river. We kids would spend the whole day at times exploring along the river, on what was called river road. There were natural springs that people had stuck pipes into going way back into the river bluffs. On a hot summer day that water seemed ice cold and delicious. I am guessing it was 55 degrees or so coming out of those pipes.

Those pipes probably contained lead; but here I am..................... still kicking.

We would be gone all day and if my parents worried, I was never made aware of them worrying. I don't believe kids can do that anymore and that is sad.

Drank our share of water out of garden hoses and sometimes creeks.

We were truly, "Free Range Kids".

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was a kid growing up in Northeast Kansas our town bordered the west bank of the Missouri river. We kids would spend the whole day at times exploring along the river, on what was called river road. There were natural springs that people had stuck pipes into going way back into the river bluffs. On a hot summer day that water seemed ice cold and delicious. I am guessing it was 55 degrees or so coming out of those pipes.

Those pipes probably contained lead; but here I am..................... still kicking.

We would be gone all day and if my parents worried, I was never made aware of them worrying. I don't believe kids can do that anymore and that is sad.

Drank our share of water out of garden hoses and sometimes creeks.

We were truly, "Free Range Kids".

My kids and grandkids are "free range", for the most part. Especially when I'm around. Youngest one (10 yo) is very much my mini-me. D-i-L tries to keep him caged, but he can't be contained.

Soon as he hits my house, he gets his gunbelt on and asked for "his" Single Sixes. He checks to see if loaded, "I can't help but smile", before holstering. Never loads before getting to range or away from truck, in the pasture.
He checks chambers when he draws, is diligent with muzzle control and aware of who / what (dogs) are around

20230214_152554.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I distinctly remember being at another kid's home trading comic books outside and he grabbed a garden hose and took a swig of water. His Mother who was coming outside jumped all over him, "don't you drink from that dirty hose again!" I thought to myself, I wish I had a garden hose to drink out of...we had a well that we had to draw water out of and had no electricity... Envy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom