It worked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people like it when the guy going rogue is doing things in line with their politics/beliefs but not so much when it’s going the other way.

I️ applaud anyone, regardless of which side of the aisle they find themselves on, who is willing to call a spade a spade even when it hurts their own cause.
Nothing worse to me than someone who applauds something when their “team” does it, but cries about it when the same thing is being done by the opposition.

Coworker of mine was crying about the fact that his sons team couldn’t have a coach led prayer before a football game. I️ asked him how he’d feel were the coach a Muslim and wanted to lead them in an Islamic prayer- his response,”well that’s different”
What country does his son play football? We always had prayer in sports when I was a kid, but I played in America.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best possible outcome. Moore gets beat by narrow margin. Reps still hold 2 vote margin and can afford one holdout. Jones will toe Schumer's line for 2 years and Alabamans will toss him out in 2018. Mo Brooks for Senate (if he beats cancer).

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far all we have are allegations against Moore by the democrats and it worked so it will be their operating procedure for some time to come until it's worn out and then they'll come up with something else. The one woman that said she had proof was proved to be a liar but we don't know yet what prompted her to "add" to her yearbook-whether someone paid her or she did it of her own volition. That single act of slander did major damage to Moore's campaign and it is dirty politics. Lyndon B. Johnson ran for the senate in Texas and falsely accused his opponent and won. Had he not engaged in dirty politics, he never would have become president. But dirty is as dirty does.
We also have proof that he's a liar, and that he has no respect for the rule of law.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides which, we already know Moore is a liar just from his own (very) public statements
Do ya happen to have a list of honest (non-lying) politicians? If so, I'm guessing it's a really short one. :D

As I've said before, waiting 20-30+ years to make accusations doesn't exactly add to their credibility IMO. YMMV. :drunk2:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do ya happen to have a list of honest (non-lying) politicians? If so, I'm guessing it's a really short one. :D

As I've said before, waiting 20-30+ years to make accusations doesn't exactly add to their credibility IMO. YMMV. :drunk2:

Multiple allegations against him and his back peddling didn’t add to his credibility. I damn sure would’nt drop off my daughter or granddaughter to go horseback riding with him.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sexual assault allegations aside...

For all the talk of stanch conservatives being pissed off about rogue justices and legislating from the bench, a lot of them sure get a hard-on for a dude who was repeatedly removed from his position for doing WTF ever he wanted. Besides, he got absolutely slaughtered in his own party's primary when running for Governor in 2006 and 2010. He's not exactly the most popular man in Alabama despite how newsworthy he's become.

Doug Jones is actually a pretty reasonable and moderate guy by political party standards. Yesterday's news shouldn't be that surprising.
It doesn't matter how moderate Jones is. He will vote just like Upchuck shumer tells him to vote.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The man was trash regardless of the accusations. It should be a wake up call to the GOP but they are going to sit around and blame the accusations. The accusations did the GOP a favor, they just don't realize it, probably never will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom