It worked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
God is good.

Nice to see folks in a red state willing to put their principles over party politics.

Funny or maybe Sad thing about Moore is that the same folks who were still willing to vote for the alleged serial groper/molester of underage girls, wouldnt have let him get anywhere near the ballot had he been accused of doing those things with a consenting legal age male.

Next year is going to be very painful and quite the eye opener for many single issue voters. Abortion will never be reversed. Homosexuals aren't going back in the closet and gay marriage whether we like it or not is here to stay. The sooner republicans stop trying to use those issues to divide their would be constituents, the better off they'll be. It's a new world full of things that seem quite foreign and in many ways unpleasant to a great many of us. I hate the idea of abortion. But I'm smart enough to know it's not going away. Its high time we were able to vote on issues that actually impact our daily lifes rather than disqualify candidates based on some meaningless litmus test made up of one or two positions that have already been settled.

Alabama did a good thing last night and every father of a daughter who voted for someone other than Moore can look his daughter in the eye today.

And you could apply the same standards to the single issue voters on the left with gun control and immigration. The two sides of the coin, ARE ON THE SAME COIN!

Quite simply, Alabama effed up when the voted for Moore over Strange in the primary runoff. Their distaste for McConnell and the GOPe RINO elite had a LOT to do with their disdain for Strange. So when the Democrats pulled an LBJ and held their fire until it was too late to replace Moore, Alabama was stuck with choosing a horrible candidate, or abandoning their political beliefs. So they sacrificed three years of representation for keeping an alleged pedo out of the Senate. My point would be that it was a false choice that could've been avoided, but the Republicans play checkers and the Democrats play Risk.

In a fair world, they would elect Moore. Moore would face a Senate ethics review. Moore would resign and another special election would be held. That way Alabama would get what they should have and the Democrat gambit would be shown to fail. But we don't live in a fair world, and we never will.

Best possible outcome. Moore gets beat by narrow margin. Reps still hold 2 vote margin and can afford one holdout. Jones will toe Schumer's line for 2 years and Alabamans will toss him out in 2018. Mo Brooks for Senate (if he beats cancer).

2020. There were 4 years left on Session's Senate term. :(

You all do realize that McConnell and the never Trumpers supported Jones and are willing to lose control of the Senate to stop Trumps agenda from ever passing. That includes the tax reform

Even if they'd gotten Luther Strange elected, they never had any intentions of passing ANYTHING, Trump or not. :(

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So where is the proof? All the accusations, innuendos, lies, fake news etc isn't proof.
Would you accept his own statements to the media as proof?

http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/06/the-harder-it-is-to-believe-roy-moore-th
(Read closely the bits I'll put in boldface).
-------
In his November 10 interview with Sean Hannity, Moore said he remembered Gloria Deason and Debbie Gibson, who told The Washington Post he had dated them when they were teenagers and he was a local prosecutor in his 30s. Although he did not recall dating them, Moore said, "I'm not going to dispute anything." He described Deason, who said she dated him when she was 18, as "a good girl." He said he knew "her parents, her mother in particular." He denied her account that he gave her wine in restaurants before she turned 19, then the minimum drinking age in Alabama, claiming (falsely) that it was not possible because Etowah County was dry at the time. Regarding Gibson, who told the Post she dated Moore when she was 17, he said, "I know her, but don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates, then we did."

Last week, in two separate campaign appearances, Moore changed his story. "The allegations are completely false," he said on November 27 in Henagar. "They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women." He repeated that blanket denial on November 29 in Theodore: "I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women, and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone."
-------
The statements in the first paragraph are mutually exclusive with the statements in the second paragraph; it is fundamentally impossible for both to be true. The first link in the first paragraph has a video of the interview with Hannity (assuming you trust that well-known lefty sympathizer not to have faked the whole thing); the link in the second paragraph quotes him directly at two campaign events, citing date and location. If you think any of the quotations are false, bring some evidence; otherwise, accept the fact that one set of statements or the other is a lie.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, could you give the guy a break? After all, he is politician besides being human. Can you remember every gal you went out with at any given time? Or what you did when you took them out? Dairy Queen, Zoo, Museums and Cattlemen's Steakhouse? Which one did you take where? It's is difficult to remember but you did...didn't you? :>)

Latest posts

Top Bottom