Itch for a 45 Kimber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good suggestions here. With regards to Kimber, I won't own a Series II gun, but I believe the original Warrior and one of their "custom shop" guns is non-series II.

I'd also thrown Dan Wesson into the mix if you want a gun that built as well as most semi-customs.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jimmy's right. Kind of anyway. What do you place the most importance on? Reliability? Looks? Accuracy? Range toy or competition or carry or home defense? Lots to consider. Me; if I was going to drop coin on a full size all steel 1911, I'd sure look hard at the Springfield RO or the Colt Competition Model or the Ruger SR1911 or maybe step up to the Dan Wesson's or the Les Baers. I'd sure look at the Kimbers if a pretty gun was the top thing on my list. But in my view, the best overall 1911 on the market today for the money is the Ruger SR1911.
It's not for home defence. I want accuracy, reliability and looks ain't a bad attraction. If I use it, it will be in very low level competition at my local range (just a few folks shooting steel and sometimes paper) but like they say....don't hurt to have a pretty gun.
This won't be a safe queen. I plan on shooting it a lot. My 9 just struggles knocking down pins and steel.
Not willing to drop a grand on a race gun, but don't want junk. Price depends on the gun. A GREAT deal would warm the cockles of my heart and nothing feels better than warm cockles. Ha.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take the Moore, S. 19th street exit , go East and go under the rail road tracks when up come up there will be a stoplight (Broadway) turn S. go about a 1/4 mile you will turn W. on Industrial Boulevard go about 1/4 mile look N. there is a sign on the street and one on the building. 215 Industrial boulevard. call if you get lost 405-793-1875. Open 11:00-5:00 M-F

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been pretty happy w this one
image.jpg
image.jpg

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a Kimber. Looks like someone stuck a Kimber slide on a STI frame and did some work to it.
No, it's a kimber. I bought it from a Gun store and it was either this one or a stainless dan Wesson. I made the right choice I think

Latest posts

Top Bottom