1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Item Gone: FS 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4 Motion V6

Discussion in 'Old Ads' started by 1911Sooner, Jan 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Item Name: FS 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4 Motion V6

Zip Code: 73179

Item is for: Sale Only
    Sale Price: $2300

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: For sale 2004 VW Passat GLX 4 Motion V6. It has 167,000 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner. I bought it from my sister in law who bought it brand new. Car is in very nice shape. Garaged its whole life. I bought it for my soon to be 16 year old but I need a a new truck so shes going to get my old car.

This is a rare V6 with all wheel drive and auto trans. I've had a lot of work done to it the few months I've owned it. She put new tires and brakes on it shortly before I bought it so those are pretty new. I changed the transmission fluid, coolant flush, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. Everything on the car works well.

It has leather seats, heated seats, on star, sun roof, pw, pl, heated mirrors, am/fm/cassette, and 6 disk cd changer in the trunk. This car was fully loaded when new and I have the original sticker and I think msrp was $34,000. I have all the vehicle records from since when she had it and since I"ve had it(it spend most of it's life in Colorado). I also have a Thule roof rack for it that she used for ski's. I also have both key fobs.

There are 2 things wrong with the car. First is the brake pad sensor warning comes on at start up. The front brake pad sensor is bad. Like I said the brakes are new but then sensor is bad so it can't read it. Doesn't affect the way the car drives and brakes in any way.

Second is the car is running hot. It was not before I had the coolant changed but the coolant was really nasty and VW thinkss something may have broken loose and lodged in the thermostat so it needs a new thermostat. You can drive the car okay around town as the temp needle gets to the red but not in the red. I would not drive it as it is on a long trip without getting the thermostat replaced(which will also involve another coolant change. So I have the car priced to reflect that. I'll this open for comments in car you have any questions. Thanks

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. OKShooters.com does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

2. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  3. SlugSlinger

SlugSlinger Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Did VW pressure check the cooling system? A coolant leak in the head gasket or cracked head could cause the overheating. Is it losing or are you having to add coolant?

Are the maintenance records available?

4. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes I take it to Okc Volkswagen and they have done all the maintenance on it. They verified that the thermastat is stuck closed. Its a bit of a job to change it and they recommend doing the water pump and timing belt at the same time. I have all the records for the car since it was new.

5. SlugSlinger

SlugSlinger Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm interested and sent you a PM.

6. Chief Sapulpa

Chief Sapulpa Sharpshooter

I had a 2004 Passat TDI and it was the finest car I've ever owned; fast, quiet, roomy and comfortable. This one with V6 and AWD should haul azz. You can tell this one has been garaged since the headlights are not glazed over.

7. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Its in really good shape and drives right. I just drove it from Mustang to Edmond and back and it runs good. I wouldn't drive it from Okc to Tulsa though without getting the thermostat fixed.

8. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.