1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Item Gone: FT Minty Smith Corona 1903A3 for S&W Pre-Model 27, Model 27 , or other pinned...

Discussion in 'Old Ads' started by coolhandluke, Jul 16, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Item Name: FT Minty Smith Corona 1903A3 for S&W Pre-Model 27, Model 27 , or other pinned N frame revolvers.

Zip Code: 73099

Item is for: Trade Only
    Trade Value or Items Looking For: $850 - $900

Caliber: 30.06

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Testing the waters to see if anyone might have a S&W Pre-Model 27, Model 27, Model 27-1, or Model 27-2 that they would be willing to part with in-trade. An example with a 6" or longer barrel is preferred. Would also be interested in other vintage S&W pinned N frame revolvers chambered in .357 Mag, .44 Special, or .44 Mag. Cash will be added in addition to the rifle to make up any difference in trade value.

The rifle being offered in trade is a 4.79 mil serial with an original 9-43 dated SC barrel which gauges at .9 MW and 1.5 TE (essentially a like new barrel). I believe the rifle to be mostly correct with the exception of the trigger which is an earlier M1903 piece. I have not replaced this part as the trigger in the rifle is one of the best in my milsurp collection. The straight stock has very attractive grain with some light tiger striping in the butt area. It has been lightly sanded but the boxed FJA, proof P, and sub-inspection cartouches are all still intact. The ordnance wheel was either not applied or was so lightly struck that it is no longer present. I believe that the sanding was likely performed on the arsenal level as the stock was covered in cosmoline or some other type of preservative grease when I received it, but I cannot state this as fact as there are no rebuild cartouches present. Stock has cross-bolts rather than reinforcing pins which is correct for the rifle's serial number. Metal parts are correct and original in finish (i.e. parkerizing and bluing are original and correct for each respective metal part). Rifle includes a Seaville manufactured front sight cover, which is also correct for an SC rifle (not pictured in photos below).

Please feel free to contact me via pm with any questions or trade offers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. OKShooters.com does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.