1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Item Relisted! FS/FT 16ga Waterfowl Loads

Discussion in 'Trash Pile' started by Shadowrider, Nov 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.okshooters.com/threads/fs-ft-16ga-waterfowl-loads.284792/
    Item Name: FS/FT 16ga Waterfowl Loads

Item is for: Sale or Trade
    Sale Price: 65.00
    Trade Value or Items Looking For: Defensive handgun ammo

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I have the following from a bulk buy deal I did and I don't hunt waterfowl.

Federal Premium #4 Steel - 45 rounds (1 box is less 5 rounds)
    Federal Premium #2 Steel - 100 rounds
    Spredr #6 Filed loads (lead) - 25 rounds
    10 Remington slugs

I can't even find these steel shells in stock anywhere to buy, but the last price I saw for the Non-Premium (blue box) steel loads was $23 per box. My price is less than half that. I'm throwing in the field loads and slugs for free to whoever buys. So if you want to take grampa's 16ga and bang some duck or a deer in the brush, here you go.

I would consider a trade for factory good quality JHP ammo in .45ACP or 9mm. Winchester Ranger, Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST. 147 or 230 grain only. FTF in Moore.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. OKShooters.com does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 10:33 AM
  2. skyhawk1

skyhawk1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I might be interested, problem is there are very few 16 ga barrels that you can shoot steel shot in with out ruining the choke

3. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes, that’s the thing with 16ga. By the ‘80s when steel shot was mandated most folks weren’t shooting 16’s anymore. But I’m sure there are a few out there.

I would think most any barrel from the ‘80’s on would be OK as long as it was choked no tighter than mod. and about any screw-in choked barrel is going to be good with steel. Steel doesn’t pattern good through tight chokes anyway so an old full choke barrel isn’t going to like these.

ETA: These loads are buffered and that helps with patterning and barrel wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019