1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Item Relisted! FS S&W K22 Mod 17-4 6" for sale

Discussion in 'Trash Pile' started by Redsnake, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.okshooters.com/threads/fs-s-w-k22-mod-17-4-6-for-sale.286590/
    Item Name: FS S&W K22 Mod 17-4 6" for sale

Zip Code: 74008

Item is for: Sale Only
    Sale Price: 699.. 675.. 650

Caliber: .22 LR

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Not sure I want to sell this, but I'm really trying to raise up some money for another 'want' ... bought this one just this past year and have never shot it. Note: WYSIWYG ... no box or paperwork on this one. In pretty nice shape and the person I purchased it from said it was a nice shooter. I honestly can't say since I never got a chance to shoot it, but action is nice and visually its in very nice shape. No rust or pitting and the bluing only has slight muzzle wear. Likely from holster carry.

Mod. K22 Combat Masterpiece, 17-4, 6" pinned barrel w/ Rubber grips. Don't have the original wood grips, box or paperwork. 2 Speedloaders included.

I can send some other pics as I was only able to get a few to send from my phone to upload here. Not sure why... any questions please let me know. Located in South Tulsa/Bixby area. No shipping but if you're close we can make arrangements to meet up.

Asking: $699.. $675.. 650 OBRO

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. OKShooters.com does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A couple more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Price drop.

4. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    another drop...

5. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    another slight drop. These things were rarer than hens' teeth when I was looking last year...

6. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hmmm... is my price not good or is it just nobody wants a Classic S&W revolver right now?

7. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I don’t normally post in classifieds unless needed, but since you asked I’ll provide a quick insight.

While you have what some would consider ‘desirable’ the fact that you’re missing the box, tools, paperwork and most importantly, factory grips, is what’s hurting your sale, I believe. Also, specimen condition is not that great in regards to finish. No true collector would be interested and a shooter only is what you’re looking for in a buyer. If someone wanted nice “shoes” (grips) they could reasonably be expected to need to shell out an additional $100-200, a large proposition.
    I think many people are fatigued from holidays, spending and the upcoming tax payment season. Along with near record inexpensive AR’s, high capacity handguns and more right now and people are putting their money elsewhere.
    I think you may have run into a kind of ‘perfect storm’ scenario on timing and market conditions along with asking a larger price.
    Just my opinion, but Good luck with the sell and have a great day!

8. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    FWIW, I had a Rem 700 VTR posted for months and never got so much as an inquiry from here. I assume I'm asking too much, or there is limited demand for the caliber or something... but I've had several people at gun shows say "nice rifle", and a couple say "that's a reasonable price", and even a few dealers say they'd trade but just didn't have anything I wanted. I say all that just to say, I don't think my asking price is totally unreasonable, and yet no one has bought it.

With regard to posting it here, it's also possible that I just haven't been around long enough for people to trust me enough to make an offer or ask about it.

I think a lot of what @GlockPride says above is probably valid. In the end, all any of us can tell you is why WE (individually) are not interested.

9. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This. I’ve had a very nice S&W 325 Night Guard for sale for a month now, and priced at the bottom of the market, with no bites. People just don’t have that kind of money to drop on a pistol at this time of year.

Now if you wait a month when tax refunds go out, you might have better luck. I hope I do ;)

10. Redsnake

Redsnake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I appreciate the input! One thing, at least for me... is pictures always tend to show stuff that isn't view-able to the naked eye. This one is in much better condition than many blued S&W pistols. Mine isn't a collector, but it's in very nice condition for a shooter no doubt. Hopefully timing will be better soon and someone will want it. Or could be a few other items I have for sale get bought up and I don't have to unload this one for too cheap. :) Thanks for the input everyone... it's appreciated!!