It's a little bit cold outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have kept the fireplace going all day and the heater has not kicked on once.

It was 62 inside the bedroom this morning and 24 outside.
After being outside this morning cutting wood and stacking it I came back in and it felt really hot inside.
That was before I made a fire.
65 up stairs in the bedroom last time I checked.
Wood insert in the fireplace works well.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you imagine living some place like Northern Wisconsin or Upper Minnesota or something where they really have a long, cold winter? Man, that would like...suck. I'd move. Here, it's the wind that gets me. Went out today to pick up some limbs that got blown outta my tree in the front yard last night. I was just wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans when I started to go out...made it a few steps then got a bad case of cold-gina. Limbs can wait a few days, they aren't hurting a dang thing. Man, I hate cold weather.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you imagine living some place like Northern Wisconsin or Upper Minnesota or something where they really have a long, cold winter? Man, that would like...suck. I'd move. Here, it's the wind that gets me. Went out today to pick up some limbs that got blown outta my tree in the front yard last night. I was just wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans when I started to go out...made it a few steps then got a bad case of cold-gina. Limbs can wait a few days, they aren't hurting a dang thing. Man, I hate cold weather.
I've never lived in the great North, but have visited many times, and I love the cold. The UP of Michigan and areas like that have traffic jams of snow machines running all over the country. You can literally get on a snowmobile and spend two weeks on one trail going from motel/bar/gas station to the next motel/bar/gas station, doing some ice fishing/sightseeing on the way. It's a total blast. Those folks know how to party!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up near Sioux City, IA. Was out and about in 95 or 96 when it was really cold dealing with animals. If I remember right it was something like 30 below before the windchill. With windchill it was well below 50 below zero. Another year before that mother's boyfriend decided we needed to pull the driveshaft on a vehicle so was outside for a few hours laying on a sheet of ice. Ended up breaking off a bunch of bolts since everything was so cold and they were seized up. The real kicker on that one was the driveshaft was being pulled to put in another vehicle and it didn't end up fitting anyway. Went inside to do homework in my room and couldn't stay awake once I started to get warm. I also remember running around in the middle of winter in nothing but a pair of skivvies when losing a game of cards or to go turn off the well pump that filled the cistern.

The worst thing about here is the freaking wind though. It gets chilly but without needing to walk the dog I will just wear shorts and a tshirt by choice most of the time unless I will be outside longer than ten minutes. The dog keeping me out in the wind for half an hour while he sniffs and snoops around sucks though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom