It's a saint!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry this happened but I'm not seeing how it's Springfields fault that you cross threaded the bolt into lower.
I didn't cross thread anything. I know how to install a pistol grip. I'm not some amature. I have more AR's than most will ever have and have changed out tons of grips and have never done this. It would actually be about impossible anyway because the screw can only go in at the angle it is supposed to. Next time you might know what your taking about before you post an ignorant comment.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just spoke with Springfield and the lady was an idiot. I told her the problem and she said "so it's part of the stock". I said no, it's part of the lower receiver. I explained how it works and she said well I can't find the part for it. I said it isn't a part but the whole lower receiver. I said it needs to be looked at by a tech so she sent me a return label to send it in. I read it an noticed that she put the value of it up to $100!! So now I have to call back on Monday and get them to print a new label that insures it up to the amount it's worth. So far their customer service ain't very good. I'll post an update when I find something out.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I didn't realize your are above making a simple mistake. I am just an amateur [not amature] after all. It's just that your description of the incident and the accompanying photo sure sound and look like you cross threaded it. But I am just an ignorant amateur so take that for what it's worth.
Good luck getting Springfield or any other manufacturer to warranty user error. :hithead:

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was the bolt hard coming out the first time? If the factory cross threaded it would likely have been hard to remove initially. Also, proper angle with the threads out of time or a burr on the bolt could easily strip out aluminum. I'm not saying you are to blame, just throwing out trouble shooting ideas for reference. I've jacked up lots of stuff, including threads, over the years.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was the bolt hard coming out the first time? If the factory cross threaded it would likely have been hard to remove initially. Also, proper angle with the threads out of time or a burr on the bolt could easily strip out aluminum. I'm not saying you are to blame, just throwing out trouble shooting ideas for reference. I've jacked up lots of stuff, including threads, over the years.
It wasn't easy coming out but nothing hard like trying to put it in. Believe me, being a machinist I have messed plenty of stuff up. But nothing this simple. I would redo the threads myself but I am sending it in first. Don't want to try something and ruin my warranty. With how bad the upper and lower match up and the alignment of the upper and lower next to the bolt release being off it doesnt surprise me that something is off with either the bolt or the threads. Who knows. I may end up just ordering another mega upper and lower and using that with the other parts. I have never seen a better machined and anodized set. Especially for the price.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was just wondering the other day if you like the Saint better than the Ruger and if so, what's the differences between the two.

I've been seeing the Rugers online for cheap.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just wondering the other day if you like the Saint better than the Ruger and if so, what's the differences between the two.

I've been seeing the Rugers online for cheap.
If I were to go with one or the other it would be the saint. For the price you get a lot more stuff. The ruger is nice but pretty basic. It has a 4140 barrel that is non chrome lined but is hammer forged and a 1x8 twist. Has a basic milspec buffer tube. All the rest is milspec except for the bcg. The bcg is not a full auto carrier. Mine had a lot of burrs on the corners and stuff. The saint isn't perfect but has a lot of good features. And the barrel is 4150 and melonited on the saint. The saint has all bcm furniture and trigger guard. Trigger is NIBx coated. The bcg is really nice. It's a milspec carrier, shot peened and mpi.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom