It's about time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootertrs

Marksman
Reaction score
I have been a lurker for over 15-20 years seeking answers to questions I believe few people have and a lot fewer people willing to take the time to help out an unknown. I had an issue with my HK53 built by somebody else in Florida and after spending $$$ trying to get it to work I resorted to posting a query on HKPRO years ago (by years I mean 15-20 years ago). I did the post at 2:30 am explaining my problem of my "new" 53 was dropping mags before first round.At around 2:35 am I had a reply from some guy in Oklahoma asking if it was OK for me to talk on the phone with me. Of course I said yes, pm's #s and waited. He called a few minutes later and introduced himself as Ghilliebear from Oklahoma and proceeded to tell me that what probably happened was the builder had used a 91 mag catch on a 93 receiver. He explained that it was an easy mistake to make and unless you have both side by side you could not tell the difference. By 4:15 am ((with Jeff on the phone) he walked me through the switch process. We were done, I thanked him and asked what do I owe him. He said... Nothing. I then thanked him by sending him a couple of pounds of home made pecan brittle I concoct in gratitude along with the 53... I figured that if my local builder had screwed that up. what else could be wrong? Well he found a few things that were not to his liking, corrected them and made the 53 look and fire as it was meant to. BTW he never berated the prior builder.

That started a relationship that has been going on for almost 2 decades, maybe longer? I will not take an HK project anywhere near a range until Jeff has his meats all over it, and he has built for me easily over 8-10 firearms, and a plethora of repairs, all spectacular lookers and shooters.

That began my HK fanboy status (not a bad place to be) and Jeff continues to build and repair for me as needed. We'd talk once in a long while, but it is of great comfort to know that his team is a phone call away to make my HK problems away.

My stuff runs the gamut... HKMp5, MP5K, 53, 91, 104, 93, a few handguns, All run and serviced by Jeff. Terry Dyers is also another one of those smiths that have reached mythical status (in my book) and he has built me a few weapons. He is also fantastic, but my relationship is nowhere as close as the one I have developed with Jeff with that single 2:30 am phone call! Another individual in our world that has been helpful. is Jim Corby with Side arm Sam's in Pompano Beach and Ruben Mendiola who went to high school with me.

Like I said at the beginning... It's about time... My relationship with firearms started as a kid with a 22 Ruger 10/22, through a lengthy period as a LEO, All the way to the present... well over 50 years all told.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm into H&Ks also. I don't have any of the big-ticket items like you do. I waited too long to buy anything like an MP5. Even the clones are getting too expensive for me. A coworker of mine years ago pulled $10K out of his retirement fund and bought a select fire MP5 which by now is maybe worth twice that. I have an SL8, a USC carbine, and eight pistols. I always did my best in matches with a full size USP 9mm. I am switching my daily carry gun to a P30SK 9mm.

scootertrs

Marksman
Reaction score
HK was the best choice... by far! If you can get it into the chamber it'll fire and EXTRACT! BTW don't feel bad about the big ticket items... I'll trade you even up for being in this playroom for so many years. I just got lucky choosing toys. My First Mp5 was $5K full auto... not even select fire... paid through the nose... But got my money's worth... 15 years later my business hit an icy patch and needed cash fast and she went... Here she is (I believe-Not good on this posting stuff!!)
pix744947824.jpg
then things went full circle again and bride saw that these were like a bank account she approved the purchase of another ... a K... and then it bred and grew! By lucky I mean to say I came unto Jeff and he helped me see the light. Where can you get a full auto pack that can do so many things. Just make sure you do things by the book ... and you can have a slew of SBR's 9mm, 10mm, 223, 308, that can be your host guns, etc. You have to love that lower!

It's kinda cool to look at ANY action flick and see one of your collection in action. My wife got tired of me saying YEP when she saw a new flick with an HK and asking if WE had one... and I said... you guessed it... YEP!

Also, there is nothing wrong with repops to shoot as long as you get Jeff or Terry to go through them before you get your yaya's. Money may not be there (in or out) but when built right, they are just as much fun and effective and it does not hurt so much when you drop it on the ground during a competition! (still hurts... yet not as bad!)

My EDC is a Ruger LCP 380... More than likely if anything is going to happen where I am going to use it for self or anyone else's defense is going to be a belly shot as with my 70 years of age I do not want to rely on my hands for anything further than a 7 yard pop.

Be safe sir and enjoy. Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year. We have to be the example in a world where idiots like the 2 tooling in Miami in a rented Lambo convertible do a mag dump on the expressway... filming themselves, their tats and their faces all over Instagram.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom