It's all so tiresome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've given up for a while, had a trade going with someone on here and they would have scored, in my opinion, a great deal because I really liked what they offered and boom, they disappear.

I will no longer deal with folks who are not displaying a "Supporter" ribbon under their screen name. I think it is only fair to trade with those who are willing to support the effort here on Ok Shooters. I know that the ribbon doesn't give any reassurance but if a fellow member is willing to invest a few dollars it will ease my mind about how many folks come and go on here.

I am eagerly waiting for all the comments about freedom and supporting those who won't support the page, let 'er rip!

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't blame you for being annoyed based upon your experiences...........I've never had good luck with Armslist.
Can't really blame you on the 18 year old handgun issue either........

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I had a member here welch on me last week because he read some bad reviews about the scope I'm selling. After we agreed on price, time and place to meet and all that. He knows who he is.
Seems like the time for research is before ya make a deal.

Maybe it's just me...
:drunk2:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the time for research is before ya make a deal.

Maybe it's just me...
:drunk2:

I agree and disagree on this one. It sucks that it happened but the guy gave plenty of advance notice about changing his mind. Not sure of the price agreed to but when you’re changing money, both parties should be OK to change their minds

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a supported classifieds and an unsupported classifieds and a new member classifieds and a couldnt sell on OSA classifieds cause I have a POS classifieds.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree and disagree on this one. It sucks that it happened but the guy gave plenty of advance notice about changing his mind. Not sure of the price agreed to but when you’re changing money, both parties should be OK to change their minds
I grew up being taught to keep my word, which means keeping a deal. Unless there's a flat-out misrepresentation of the item, I don't see a reason to back out.

Other than emergencies, any changes made to an existing deal should be acceptable to BOTH parties. And if there is an emergency (or flat tire or whatever), let the other guy know what's going on.

Again, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same way on FB for non-firearms items. Listed a go cart a month ago for $300. I got offers for $150 and $200. I had one kid messaging me ten times a day from two different accounts. Finally said screw it and took down the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up being taught to keep my word, which means keeping a deal. Unless there's a flat-out misrepresentation of the item, I don't see a reason to do otherwise.

Other than emergencies, any changes made to an existing deal should be acceptable to BOTH parties. And if there is an emergency (or flat tire or whatever), let the other guy know what's going on.

Again, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

I have backed out of a deal only once due to unforeseen circumstances. I let the seller know the situation and they were understanding and kind enough to let me out of it. Communication is the key.

Latest posts

Top Bottom