It's all so tiresome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember if I had I've ever backed out of a deal before because I didn't research the item enough before I agreed to a buy but, I did this time and here is why. The scope was sold/made by a company that makes $8,000 scopes. With their name on it I didn't have any concerns. After ( my bad ) we agreed on a meet I researched reviews on the scope. It wasn't "reviews " that changed my mine, it was complaints. Several people I think it was on H&K pro that had bought the scope said they couldn't believe Hensoldt would put their name on such a pos scope. Not one posting on there had anything good to say about the scope. I emailed you early that morning and called your phone and left word on your voice mail later telling you I wasn't going to meet you way before the meet time. I don't see how this damaged you in anyway other than you may still have the scope. Again I apologize for not buying the scope. I think the reason you never mounted it on a gun was you bought it , found out what a piece of crap it was, and wanted to unload it. So yes I'm the guy that "welched" on a buy. I'm not the guy that knowingly tried to sell another member a pos.

Nice ad hominem "I'm not the guy that knowingly tried to sell another member a pos."

Would sound better, come off better , to just own up, move on, and leave personal attacks out of it.

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, got another one to complain about. Guy on armslist bought my Beretta storm, then an hour later texts me and claims somebody spray painted the slide, I told him he bought it and he owns it now, I don't do returns. Guess he had buyers remorse. Oh well, not my problem.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was one of the newer Berettas made in Tennessee, I wouldn't be surprised if the slide was spray painted.
The ones I've handled had little things that were off about them, like the grip screws were not even or flush with the grips.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm getting really sick of dealing with flaky, zero integrity people off armslist. So, last Monday I got an email from a guy about a tanfoglio I was selling. He emailed me and asked if he could buy it Wednesday. I replied back giving him my number and he text me. We agreed to a time and place to meet up. Wednesday rolls around and I text him an hour before we were supposed to meet. No response, so I have a feeling that he is going to stand me up. Sure enough he ghosts me. His name is Cullen Mcninch, so be aware he ghosts people.

That same day I get another email from a guy in eufala named Charles Cole. He is interested in the same gun. I give him my number and we text back and forth, he doesn't haggle on my price etc, so we agree on time and place to meet on Thursday, 3pm. I told him that I would text him an hour before we were supposed to meet. He says that's fine and he likes redundancy. I told him that I was stood up and he swore up and down he would never do that and he doesn't want that done to him. Well, the hour arrives and I text him, no response. Text him thirty minutes later, no response. So this guy did exactly what he said he wouldn't do!

Also, I had a member here welch on me last week because he read some bad reviews about the scope I'm selling. After we agreed on price, time and place to meet and all that. He knows who he is.

Then, day before yesterday I had a guy contact me off armslist about a different gun I'm selling. He, of course gives me a low offer and I decline, he offers $25 more if I bring it to eufala or somewhere down that way. I tell him no and I would meet him in chouteau for what I want to get. He then counter offers $625 and a motorcycle helmet. I DON'T HAVE A MOTORCYCLE! Then, he says that he will do $650 if I give him two boxes of ammo. I think about it and agree. He then comes back and says his wife won't let him spend that much money, he goes back to his previous offer of $625 and a box of ammo. I declined and told him $650 not a dime lower. He then wanted to trade for a Springfield hellcat. I told him no trades, need to sell. Then he keeps on about his wife won't let him spend over $600. By this time I'm eating dinner and I quit talking. So, I told him let me see about tomorrow (Sunday) well I was up til 6am because I'm a night owl. So I get up about 1 and he has already text me that morning. Then, for some reason he texts me from a different number asking about the same gun. Why, I don't know. Then he gets mad because I didn't respond to his texts while I was asleep! So he says something about he doesn't want to buy from me, I tell him that's fine and to not contact me again. I blocked both his numbers. Whoever the guy is, he is one of the worst negotiators I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. 918-305-1907 or 469-770-1242

Oh, and I almost forgot, I had an 18 year old want to buy a pistol from me off armslist, I told him he wouldn't be doing any business and had to block him too.
Sounds like it wasn't a good week for you....hope your luck with trades improves....:bighug:

Latest posts

Top Bottom