It's beautiful

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back online after a few days of no electric, water or internet. Lots of catching up to do.
Sorry my friend. When we had the big Ice apocalypse in S OK several years ago, we were without power for 3 weeks. My wife I sent to stay with her sister that had electricity but had a very full house of her own family already staying there. My sisters the same thing with tons of kids and grandkids. My brother in-law had hooked up his work truck welding set up that would run the entire house so that were very warm. I was welcomed and made my sister mad, not staying with them but I had two dogs. I just started driving North west. When I got to a town that had electricity there were no rooms because of all the power companies had them rented for their pole guys and engineers. I finally reached a city that was far enough away that they could allow me to stay as long as I needed. Also gave me a discount for be displaced by the storm and let my dogs stay with me.
It sucked but found some pretty good people that did all they could to help us.
I love this state.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have been up to 11 days without power, water and internet in past years. Living in the country does have some drawbacks. Your single home is last in the priority list to get back online when they need to bring up neighborhoods etc first.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we were on the farm/ranch up in the Panhandle (Texas county to be exact), we lived in the very extreme NW part of the county. Dang near into Kansas and Colorado. We were the last house on the electrical line from Panhandle Electric Cooperative. However, they were excellent in getting service back, and if they took roughly a week, they had a guy going around with a generator in the back of the pickup to all the farms and running the generator to "recharge" refrigerators and freezers.

Generally, we didn't have issues with the freezer because it was in an outbuilding with no heat. As long as we didn't open the door for very long getting meat, the freezer would be good for more than a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom