It's Happening!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your 90 mile commute is from Tulsa to OKC down the Turner Turnpike, that's only an hour commute because folks drive 90mph+ haha
Haha! My wife and I worked for two different O&G companies in Tulsa for a few years until our house in NW OKC was finished. The commute isnt that bad at all the majority of the time. Occasionally you are just ready to be home to wind down with the family, but often it was nice getting to blow out the stress before getting home to the kids.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your 90 mile commute is from Tulsa to OKC down the Turner Turnpike, that's only an hour commute because folks drive 90mph+ haha
Well, not sure the company truck i have will hit 90 mph safely. The cummute will be from Sapulpa to McAlester. Mostly open roads with a few towns sprinkled in.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp. We made it to OK yesterday. First time we did the dirve in Two nights and two long days with one shorter drive on the third day. I must have been a mover in my past life as i packed the chit out of our 24' enclosed trailer. I had to have been 2-3 K over weight with my Ram Mega Cab packed to the hilt. I know, I know, not the safest but took it slow and averaged about 60 mph. Luckily put some quality tires on it when we were out here in July on the first load and had no issues on this final loadout. Wife followed in her explorer and did 660 miles to Gallup the first night and then about 550 the second to Elk City. To Sapulpa the last day which took about 5+ hours. Uneventful, which is good when you are rolling down the interstate at max GCVWR.

Was going to unload the truck and trailer gingerly over the next couple days but realized it is much easier and faster to unload a full trailer over playing tetris trying to load it properly and make everything fit. Mostly moved into our new rental house which in really nice. Super happy with it. Can't get an appointment to get my OK drivers license as appointments are very backed up. Have off work until Sept 7th so i have some time to dicker around and enjoy myself while my wife is working full time from home. Ohhhh, yeah, this heat SUCKS! Anyways, super pumped to be here, learn the ways and blend in with the locals. Really want to meet you all in person and want to be apart the next ENS. One of these day I'd like to host such a gathering.

Thanks for checking in on this thread and giving your insight and being apart of it. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Have a great rest of the week.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check with the tag agent in Glenpool. My wife was in there last week and I think she said they are doing real id's on a walk-in basis. It's on highway 75 a little north of 141st street in the little strip mall on the east side of the highway.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp. We made it to OK yesterday. First time we did the dirve in Two nights and two long days with one shorter drive on the third day. I must have been a mover in my past life as i packed the chit out of our 24' enclosed trailer. I had to have been 2-3 K over weight with my Ram Mega Cab packed to the hilt. I know, I know, not the safest but took it slow and averaged about 60 mph. Luckily put some quality tires on it when we were out here in July on the first load and had no issues on this final loadout. Wife followed in her explorer and did 660 miles to Gallup the first night and then about 550 the second to Elk City. To Sapulpa the last day which took about 5+ hours. Uneventful, which is good when you are rolling down the interstate at max GCVWR.

Was going to unload the truck and trailer gingerly over the next couple days but realized it is much easier and faster to unload a full trailer over playing tetris trying to load it properly and make everything fit. Mostly moved into our new rental house which in really nice. Super happy with it. Can't get an appointment to get my OK drivers license as appointments are very backed up. Have off work until Sept 7th so i have some time to dicker around and enjoy myself while my wife is working full time from home. Ohhhh, yeah, this heat SUCKS! Anyways, super pumped to be here, learn the ways and blend in with the locals. Really want to meet you all in person and want to be apart the next ENS. One of these day I'd like to host such a gathering.

Thanks for checking in on this thread and giving your insight and being apart of it. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Have a great rest of the week.

This heat does suck, and it’s been a very mild summer…

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to Oklahoma, when I made my break from San Diego I did the trip in two days on a Gold Wing. I was ready to get free of that mess and get to my mom's place on Grand Lake. That was 35 years ago. Ya the summers can be brutal and winters are cold but it's well worth living in this great place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom