It's Happening!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always nice to see someone make their escape from California, though I do pity you, for you'll miss eating tacos and those fat toddler sized burritos.

Was stationed in southern cali for a few years. I still have dreams about those burritos. literally.

Also, Welcome to the good life @Parks 788! You'll miss the food, women, and amazing weather, but Oklahoma is a pretty great place to call home.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I met with our realtor on Friday and the wheels are in motion to put our house on the market. She recommends our house be on the market by April 1st, no later. We will still need our son to graduate high school in did June and get him off to college by August and me a transfer within my company to us to make the final move. Tons to do the next 7 weeks to get this place ready for the market and so much to do unrelated to the sale. Going to be crazy.

Yes, Commiefornian moving to your neck of the woods. Let the pearl clutching begin. :tounge2::thumbup3::puppet2:

Congratulation in your well thought out decision. Is going to be crazy and chaotic but that’s a small price to pay for all the freedom and peace of mind that you are going to enjoy. I hope you got the cowboy hat and the boots already purchased. LOL

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh great, Oklahoma is going to turn a bit bluer now... ;)

Hmmm...

...according to 2020 election maps by county, Tulsa is edging in that direction. Oklahoma county is doing similarly.

Maybe we need to work on some of our own citizens. I'd be inclined to think that Parks 788 isn't all that liberal.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was stationed in southern cali for a few years. I still have dreams about those burritos. literally.

Also, Welcome to the good life @Parks 788! You'll miss the food, women, and amazing weather, but Oklahoma is a pretty great place to call home.

Hahaha! We do have some incredible Mexican food places I frequent in our AO. At the same time, Covid has not been kind to my waist line so missing out on some of this fantastic food won't hurt me.

Congratulation in your well thought out decision. Is going to be crazy and chaotic but that’s a small price to pay for all the freedom and peace of mind that you are going to enjoy. I hope you got the cowboy hat and the boots already purchased. LOL

Already have a Stetson 10X Skyline and a nice pair of Justin Boots but will admit that I'd probably stick out like a sore thumb in a true country/western setting or bar. I do need a straw hat as my current is very hot.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hahaha! We do have some incredible Mexican food places I frequent in our AO. At the same time, Covid has not been kind to my waist line so missing out on some of this fantastic food won't hurt me.

If yall make it down to Lawton, there's a little burrito hut in the ghetto that makes legit california burritos. Even uses the 18" tortillas and he's never stingy on fillings.

There's also a mexican grocery store here with a deli inside. Nobody does barbacoa cheek meat and tongue quite like they do. Tastes like Robstown, TX.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If yall make it down to Lawton, there's a little burrito hut in the ghetto that makes legit california burritos. Even uses the 18" tortillas and he's never stingy on fillings.

There's also a mexican grocery store here with a deli inside. Nobody does barbacoa cheek meat and tongue quite like they do. Tastes like Robstown, TX.

Well, that’s going to be on my short list. I’m going to need an address or name of both the burrito stand, and the carniceria.

Latest posts

Top Bottom