It's Happening!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, we closed today on the 60 Day Escrow. Wire transfer was too late in the day so don't have the funds in our account until tomorrow. Makes me a bit nervous as we no longer own the home and still do have the money in the bank. At least one major hurdle has been crossed. Wife and I and our two boxers are hauling a full load in our trailer out to Sapulpa on July 10th for that week. At the same time my son will be in Stillwater doing the freshman orientation. Also meeting with the District Sales Manager in Tulsa for the company I currently work for and hopefully lock in a transfer date for late August, early September. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next 60 days.
So... how'd it go? Funds show up?

:drunk2:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So... how'd it go? Funds show up?

:drunk2:

Hahaha! YEah. We never sold a home so we though the escrow closed in the mornning but it actually closed at 4pm. Wire transfers only happen between certain times and just because it is a wire transfer it apparently doesn't mean it get sent and automatically show up in your account a few minutes later. We thought it should have shown up same day but it actually showed up at 1pm the following day. We were checking our investment account ALL MORNING and nothing. Mrs 788 lit up the escrow company about noon abuot this but the fund finally showed up at 1pm. Money in the bank, finally. Now we just need to find a property/land to spend it on.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem will be finding the property. You are competing with Chinese money that is funding pot farms. They're driving the price crazy.

Good luck.
It is absolutely BONKERS, it's as if OK has turned into a NY or CA with properties selling within hours or days and selling for more than asking price..

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahaha! YEah. We never sold a home so we though the escrow closed in the mornning but it actually closed at 4pm. Wire transfers only happen between certain times and just because it is a wire transfer it apparently doesn't mean it get sent and automatically show up in your account a few minutes later. We thought it should have shown up same day but it actually showed up at 1pm the following day. We were checking our investment account ALL MORNING and nothing. Mrs 788 lit up the escrow company about noon abuot this but the fund finally showed up at 1pm. Money in the bank, finally. Now we just need to find a property/land to spend it on.
I like your wife already. She and Mrs Snattlerake will get along just fine.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like your wife already. She and Mrs Snattlerake will get along just fine.

I bet they would. At one point when her email back and forth to the escrow company got a bit heated I texted here to 'hold off on the comments" until after the drop dead time they were giving us for fund to show in our account. She was wakling the line of craziness. Then a few minutes later she sorta unloaded on them. I didn't have the nads to text her to "calm down" I know better. :bolt:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, no new adventure comes without some trials and tribulations. I was able to get my 24’ cargo trailer weighed this morning. It’s a 10k# GVWR. We’ll, it weighed in at 12,080! #*%{+*!!! I knew it was at or just above the 10K#. So now I have to go through the trailer and pull out the smaller heavies item to get it back close to 10K. I do have my son’s lifting weights in there that is about 300# of barbells and plates and 400# of dumbbells. My GCVWR is only at 20,260 so I have about a ton of capacity to work with and will put those plates and barbell weights in the bed of my truck in the front area. I’ll find about another 1000# to take out and out on the next/final load in August.

We don’t own a lot of furniture so not to worried about the second move and the washer, dryer and fridge are staying with the new owners so that helps. Only taking one of the three mattresses too. Fun times!

Latest posts

Top Bottom