It's illegal to turn around in a parking lot in Moore, OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, it's true.

Sec. 15-513. - Driving through service drives.

No vehicle shall he driven through any service drive or parking area except for the purpose of attaining service or merchandise or for the purpose of parking thereon.

(Ord. No. 841(16), § 15-513, 12-19-2016)

https://library.municode.com/ok/moore/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PT15TRVE_CH5DROVPA

Even though this law was obviously created to ticket 12th street cruisers and people cutting through parking lots to avoid a red light, Moore police are using it as a means to pull random people over. Once pulled over, the officer will demand to see the offender's driver's license and proof of insurance. The officer will take the offender's ID back to his vehicle (in this case a motorcycle where he may have had to communicate with a dispatcher) where he can "run" the perpetrator's name looking for warrants, past infractions, etc. The officer may decide to search the vehicle as well.

If you were to miss your turn for the road to the Moore library and turn around by entering a parking lot through one entrance and then driving past a few cars and a telephone pole to exit a separate exit at around 2 in the afternoon, you can get pulled over by a Moore police officer on a motorcycle and be issued a $200.00 ticket. I know first hand.

I just paid online and chose no contest. I was afraid if I got in the courtroom I'd get myself in trouble by saying what I thought about the whole ordeal and particularly the officer. During the stop, I was extremely polite and respectful and thought there was no way I'd be getting a ticket. Then the officer returned with the ticket and a pompous demeaning attitude.

When copying the info from the Moore website and pasting it in this post, I noticed a typo: "No vehicle shall he driven.." I wonder if I could have gotten out of the ticket by explaining my car is not a "he," but is a "she named Betsy," and, therefore, exempt from that law.

I also wonder if I could've gone to court and said I was gonna buy something but changed my mind.

It's all just stupid annoying bs.

It's hard to respect law enforcement when they have people like said motorcycle cop running around out there exercising their authoritah.

View attachment 148254

There is a high probability that either a cohort of entrepreneurs or an influential individual persuaded the Moore City Council to enact this local ordinance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom