It's illegal to turn around in a parking lot in Moore, OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I can recall that's always been the law, for everywhere.
Perhaps. The only time I have ever seen someone ticketed for going through a parking lot is when a driver cut through a corner lot to avoid a traffic light.

To get a ticket for merely using a lot to turn around is chickenshirts.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a long, sordid history with Moore police. In my highschool days I ran with the CB crowd in Moore. We used channel 2 and policed it ourselves (no cussing as families including children talked on the channel, no lewd talking, and echo boxes kept to a minimum). We also played CB tag (hide and seek with cb radios) and had gotten permission from the city council to do so. The MPD didn't like that we actually had permission and harassed anyone they knew was from around there and had a cb antenna.

One day I pulled up next to a cruiser while talking to someone. My radio was legal (dead keyed at 5 watts but swung 30 on modulation). Next thing I know he pulls me over and tells me he is taking my radio for being too powerful. Told him no he wasn't. He bowed up and was like "Oh yeah smartass?". I told him 1) Only the FCC has the authority to seize radio equipment suspected to be out of compliance, 2) my radio IS legal and I had a SWR in my car so I could prove it if needed, 3) if he doesn't like that he can call dad on the radio channel that is shared by MPD and NPD and talk to him. The last part is what deflated him as my dad usually protrolled close to the moore/norman border and was known by many on the MPD. His parting shot was that I was bleeding in on his car speakers. Told him that cars (especially back then) used thin gauge speaker wire and it didn't take much to bleed onto them. He told me to get out of there and left.

I have other stories but they seemed to have gotten better for a while after the early 2000's, at least all my interactions since then were ok.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Motorcycle cops have one job, and that is to generate revenue be any (rediculous) legal means possible.

Oh yeah? I guess these two just drove around getting all the hot chicks and writing tickets huh? Man, they practically saved California! Jeebus...
untitled.png

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More Traffic Law B.S.

In Tulsa they can and will ticket you for going thru a YELLOW Light. Biggest bunch of Crap that is purely a Revenue Grabber.
I'm not talking about the light turning red when entering the intersection.

Traffic signals need to be modernized so that the green light flashes for x amount of times before the light goes yellow so the driver can adjust driving speed to either stop or pass thru the intersection. Oh, that would cost money and the yellow light ordinance makes money.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, those guys like to impress people with their quick turn around a in Starbucks parking lot as the stop for their hour long morning “break”. Too bad drivers are going 90 mph down I35 right thru the center of town while they are enforcing parking lot turn around BS. I had one tell me that they aren’t allowed to enforce traffic on I35 because the Chief said it was too dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vintage-Indian-Motorcycle-Cop-PHOTO-1920-New-York-_1.jpg

Two Moore tickets an I get a toaster!

Another one of Moore's favorite infractions is to watch for vehicles crossing the double yellow lines on left turn lanes approaching the intersection. You must wait in the inside lane until you reach the left turn lane then and only then you can signal to turn left and enter the left turn lane.

I have a long, sordid history with Moore police. In my highschool days I ran with the CB crowd in Moore. We used channel 2 and policed it ourselves (no cussing as families including children talked on the channel, no lewd talking, and echo boxes kept to a minimum). We also played CB tag (hide and seek with cb radios) and had gotten permission from the city council to do so. The MPD didn't like that we actually had permission and harassed anyone they knew was from around there and had a cb antenna.

We played CB tag too. How did you guys do it? We would usually be with our dates for the evening, meet up somewhere, agree on a channel then go find a hiding spot for the truck. We would then tell everyone we were ready and everyone else went looking for us. If after awhile they couldn't find us, we would start describing what we saw out of our front windshield. That way they could triangulate and find us. We also did "bushwhacking".

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just following orders.

And these are the same people that folks claim will disobey orders, and/or side with the populace, if SHTF or something like gun confiscation orders are given. Every day evidence proves otherwise.

Agreed... we've seen too many instances of LEO's 'following orders' or enforcing 'laws' they think exist or regulations or codes they can't produce or back up. I'm generally a proponent of law enforcement and I like most of the cops I've dealt with, but I also don't think there will be a problem at ALL finding people to sign up to be storm troopers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom