It's raining!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished touching up invisible spots in the room I painted Thursday and decided to tinker in the garage. HOT AS HECK! Approaching 100 when my dog started speaking Portuguese (again) and I was answering in Polish. Decided I might be getting too hot. Went inside and a nice storm blew up. Cool breeze, good rain and I could no longer understand what the dog was saying. All good things.
Sitting in my favorite chair after finishing some great burgers topped off with peach cobbler my wife made. Direct tv is out (a butterfly flaps its wings in China and the thing loses signal), watching the rain through the french doors.
It's good to be king.......even if it's a very small kingdom.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God, I wish. I've got little baby figs ALL over my Chicago Hardy. I'm watering it every day but this heat worries me. My blackberries are done for the year. I'm digging out the late season plants and just sticking with the early season ones from now on. Those late season plants don't produce nearly as well ...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
God, I wish. I've got little baby figs ALL over my Chicago Hardy. I'm watering it every day but this heat worries me. My blackberries are done for the year. I'm digging out the late season plants and just sticking with the early season ones from now on. Those late season plants don't produce nearly as well ...
Our garden did for crap this year. Birds got most of the tomatoes and the peppers .....well THE pepper. That's how bad it was

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our garden did for crap this year. Birds got most of the tomatoes and the peppers .....well THE pepper. That's how bad it was

I didn't put one in this year because I knew that neck surgery was coming. NEXT year I hope about 90% of the grass is gone in my front yard and I have raised beds. I have the plans drawn out, just physically couldn't do it and the old man would rather DIE than do manual labor. :disappoin. Damned city kids ... :grumble:

:hey3:

I picked blooms off the apple and cherry trees this year so the root systems would develop. Next year I will let them go to fruit. I should have asparagus next year, too, because everything I have in this year I put out last year.

I'm most excited about the fresh figs!!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't put one in this year because I knew that neck surgery was coming. NEXT year I hope about 90% of the grass is gone in my front yard and I have raised beds. I have the plans drawn out, just physically couldn't do it and the old man would rather DIE than do manual labor. :disappoin. Damned city kids ... :grumble:

:hey3:

I picked blooms off the apple and cherry trees this year so the root systems would develop. Next year I will let them go to fruit. I should have asparagus next year, too, because everything I have in this year I put out last year.

I'm most excited about the fresh figs!!
I did the raised bed this year for the first time. Be sure to get good soil and not what I did getting it from HD. The soil was totally without nutrients and it was too late to fix it. Will be making my own compost for next year. Plan on adding another small raised bed this fall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom