It's raining!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you could stay in. I think the gust front got a couple of lines together in northern Coal County.

IMG_0295.JPG Picture from Logan county, transmission guys are going to busy.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@steelfingers I put our chicken coop together by myself. Only complaint I have about it is its really too small. So I bought a couple of chain link dog kennels and put them up along the back fence line. My city chickens probably have about 3-4 times the "recommended" square footage. They have a little "pond" I made for them to play in, along with their waterer.
I NEED for Ruby's to get some more hay bales because I only have 3-4 left of the 10 I bought for them last fall. They LOVE for me to break their things open and let them dig through it.

The plan is to start a fall garden along the fence line so they can get veggies through the fence but have enough planted that they can't reach so we can harvest some too.

I'm kinda excited for the weather to cool off so I can get started. Before my surgery I couldn't lift a concrete block. Now I can do all kinds of stuff ... my shoulders are still weak but since the doc released me Thursday l decided that starting on Monday I'm gonna start doing some bodyweight exercises and see if I can get some muscle built up. I've been doing cardio since the day I was released from the hospital.

I'll try to post some pics (I can't figure that **** out to save my soul ...) but I have a list as long as my arm I wanna get done before winter. I can wait until it's not 110F in the shade to get started though ... lol

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@steelfingers I put our chicken coop together by myself. Only complaint I have about it is its really too small. So I bought a couple of chain link dog kennels and put them up along the back fence line. My city chickens probably have about 3-4 times the "recommended" square footage. They have a little "pond" I made for them to play in, along with their waterer.
I NEED for Ruby's to get some more hay bales because I only have 3-4 left of the 10 I bought for them last fall. They LOVE for me to break their things open and let them dig through it.

The plan is to start a fall garden along the fence line so they can get veggies through the fence but have enough planted that they can't reach so we can harvest some too.

I'm kinda excited for the weather to cool off so I can get started. Before my surgery I couldn't lift a concrete block. Now I can do all kinds of stuff ... my shoulders are still weak but since the doc released me Thursday l decided that starting on Monday I'm gonna start doing some bodyweight exercises and see if I can get some muscle built up. I've been doing cardio since the day I was released from the hospital.
I'll try to post some pics (I can't figure that **** out to save my soul ...) but I have a list as long as my arm I wanna get done before winter. I can wait until it's not 110F in the shade to get started though ... lol
Be sure and know you limit when you rehab. Too much too soon will put you back about three paces.
Remember to get some protein in your body right after lifting or running. Should do it all the time but particularly when you start off after a long lay out. The protein will help your muscles recover and heal quicker. Less soreness and better results in the short and long run.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was REALLY lethargic last week but those liquid vitamins seem to be helping already, though they taste like ****. BLEECH! Plus one upped my potassium and magnesium intake.

I took a 3-day weekend off from cardio but will get back with it tomorrow.

The plan is to go to the range and shoot every day, do cardio M-F and weight train M-W-F. I'm determined to get strong enough I don't have to ask for help for much of anything. I see little elderly ladies (and men), and even some folks much younger than me, at the store who can hardly lift a can of green beans and put it in their basket. I'm NOT gonna be that little old lady.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember that over-training is a real possibility at our age, especially if you're not getting adequate nutrition. ;)

:ooh2:You saying I'm OLD?!?!?!?!?

:pms2::pms2:(It's all good. Sometimes I think I've worked out enough if I just get from the parking lot to whatever air-conditioned building I need to be in ... lol:sunbath:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:ooh2:You saying I'm OLD?!?!?!?!?
Lol, "our age" is what it is... but if it makes ya feel any better, I'm older than you. ;)

:pms2::pms2:(It's all good. Sometimes I think I've worked out enough if I just get from the parking lot to whatever air-conditioned building I need to be in ... lol:sunbath:
Hehe, no kiddin' ... I've gathered/bagged up the trash to take out, and am waiting on the mail lady to run so I can just make one trip. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom