It's The Little Things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retire if you can. I went from planning on working three more years to retiring in three days and never regretted it.

EVERYBODY I have talked with, worried, studied, fretted, planned and second guessed their retirement. THEN, they finally retired and EVERY ONE OF THEM said, they should have, could have retired sooner.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last weekend I took one of my 70+ year old gill-guns out and did a little shooting. With just iron sights I hit every target in a row from 15 yards all the way out to 100yds without a single miss. There are 16 targets. The rifle holds 15+1 rounds. I didn't even have to reload.
The targets range in size from 2"-8". And that 2" target is at 50 yds.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1648572964086.png

This was all day yesterday. I was called and asked hundreds of questions. Apparently someone didn't like the fact I had a Law Enforcement degree and ws trained in and collected evidence in the murder trial we were to hear.

I was let go with a hearty thanks and a promise of a future $20 check. Hmm, $12 for parking and a $13 sammich at the bistro across the street, I'm in the hole $5. The braces wearing waitress was really cute and liked to flirt. She was warm for my form, (yeah right). :naughty:

I did get to meet Rick Warren the county court clerk. He's a nice guy. He dresses like an attorney and has hair like an evangelist.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get excited when I am prepping my next 2 weeks of vitamins and happen to dump the exact number of pills needed into my hand the first time. It is silly and I tell myself every time if I can do it 3 times in a row during a single prep session I will go buy a lottery ticket. I never buy the ticket because I "used up all my luck" randomly pouring the correct number of vitamins in my hand hahaha.

The other little thing is doing little things for strangers. Seeing someone out and about that appears to be worried or just having a rough day and waiting for a few extra seconds to hold the door for them, a good morning or thank you with eye contact, etc and seeing them perk up a bit that someone else saw and acknowledged them is the biggest for me. I know if I am having a rough day it means a hell of a lot to me so I try to pass on the favor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom