It's The Little Things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some tips for you guys that are too stupid to get out of jury duty. (JK)
The building was built in the art deco period and has art deco elevators that shakes the pee waddlin sheiite out of the court rooms that butt up next to them. The cables slap against the side of the elevator shaft and vibrate for minutes it seems. Take a Dramamine if you are prone to motion sickness. They are loud too, and sometimes you cannot hear what is being said which is constantly.

Grab a seat in the jury box not in the peanut gallery. The jury box has individual chairs with CUSHIONS as opposed to the church pews.
The mind cannot absorb what the seat cannot endure!

For a criminal trial, be prepared to bare your soul as they will ask questions about your neighbor's dog impregnating your dog and how you feel about it.

We had several people tell the judge they could not see themselves finding the subject guilty then sentencing him to life with or life without parole. Especially after finding out it was a case from 2015 and the suspect was 13 when he killed someone.

I will never be called again because they have a 5 year hiatus between you cannot be called up again.

Last edited:

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend came by with her 115 lb big black male German Shepherd today . He loves me (sees me like I’m his daddy) and hadn’t seen me in awhile. He gave me the biggest greeting and licked my head , as happy as he could be. Made my day, All the cares in the world melt away in a moment of time. I guess that’s why I generally like animals more than people.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from the random gun chatter, politics, Covid, etc. we see here day to day, I thought it'd be kinda cool to start up a thread where we could list random small things that made our day better. I'll start.

Last night I did a a few loads of laundry. While hanging the clothes, I didn't have a single shirt turned inside out from the wash. Sort of made my evening.

Hopefully others will share, otherwise I'll look dumb here!
Thing One: Yesterday put some of my wife’s clothes out to dry on hangers in a tree. Brought them in at sundown, let her have a sniff on the way to the closet. She had the nasal analog of an ear-gasm.

Thing Two: Found my lucky half-dollar, missing since Saturday.

Thing Three: Stumbled upon the video of Home Free’s cover of Garth Brooks’ “Ain’t Goin’ Down ‘Til the Sun Comes Up”. A fun three minutes, headphones recommended. Here is link from Everything Nash, second video.

Home Free Covers Garth Brooks' 'Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)' - (everythingnash.com)

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thing One: Yesterday put some of my wife’s clothes out to dry on hangers in a tree. Brought them in at sundown, let her have a sniff on the way to the closet. She had the nasal analog of an ear-gasm.

Thing Two: Found my lucky half-dollar, missing since Saturday.

Thing Three: Stumbled upon the video of Home Free’s cover of Garth Brooks’ “Ain’t Goin’ Down ‘Til the Sun Comes Up”. A fun three minutes, headphones recommended. Here is link from Everything Nash, second video.

Home Free Covers Garth Brooks' 'Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)' - (everythingnash.com)
I recommend merle haggard never swim in kern river again or amber waves of grain.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll play. I had a cow have a calf 3-4 days ago and two of her teats were too big for the calf to suck.

Got her up today, put her in a chute and milked her out without getting kicked, crapped or peed on, so yea, this made my day pretty happy.
I used to be a Cattle Barron until I retired. I learned I had to have a good paying job to afford that hobby! There was an article in the Tulsa World years ago that struck me, so much I still remember it. This article said, " 20 black baldy heifers for sale, or trade, for anything that don't eat, or get out!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t happen today, but it’s still making my day. Last Friday I went and drove up to Tulsa while out on a 3 day hunt around okmulgee. Found the perfect engagement ring, and even after custom designing everything and getting exactly what I wanted, I was still 50% under budget, with a better quality, larger diamond than I imagined getting. Just gotta wait for it to get finished now. Hopefully it happens before we leave for our 2 week road trip to North Carolina. Also snagged up some pretty good Hawaiian BBQ while I was up in Tulsa. F’s Hawaiian BBQ. It’s a little food truck. Fantastic stuff.

on a side note, it’s pretty weird getting to do something that’s such a big deal and exciting and then going home and having to hide that entire days worth of events from the old lady.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some tips for you guys that are too stupid to get out of jury duty. (JK)
The building was built in the art deco period and has art deco elevators that shakes the pee waddlin sheiite out of the court rooms that butt up next to them. The cables slap against the side of the elevator shaft and vibrate for minutes it seems. Take a Dramamine if you are prone to motion sickness. They are loud too, and sometimes you cannot hear what is being said which is constantly.

Grab a seat in the jury box not in the peanut gallery. The jury box has individual chairs with CUSHIONS as opposed to the church pews.
The mind cannot absorb what the seat cannot endure!

For a criminal trial, be prepared to bare your soul as they will ask questions about your neighbor's dog impregnating your dog and how you feel about it.

We had several people tell the judge they could not see themselves finding the subject guilty then sentencing him to life with or life without parole. Especially after finding out it was a case from 2015 and the suspect was 13 when he killed someone.

I will never be called again because they have a 5 year hiatus between you cannot be called up again.
I have been called three times for jury duty , two for Country, and one Federal. I noticed some people acted like they wanted on these juries, and I didn't understand that,. I was not selected, deliberately said stuff to keep from being chosen, for a Country jury and had to keep going back each Monday I think, and then calling in, for several weeks, A pain in the rear. The federal Jury I was chosen to serve on the first jury selected, and that lasted three days. and we were excused from the three month obligation! Now I know why these people wanted to get on early juries?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be a Cattle Barron until I retired. I learned I had to have a good paying job to afford that hobby! There was an article in the Tulsa World years ago that struck me, so much I still remember it. This article said, " 20 black baldy heifers for sale, or trade, for anything that don't eat, or get out!
We made a mistake once and bought Mississippi cattle that had never seen a fence. Half deer half elk shaped in the form of a cow. They could clear a six strand barbed wire fence without a runup. Damndest thing I ever saw. We tried an electric fence before the regular fence and it had no effect. We had to run a two strand electric 3 feet above the 6 strand fence just to keep them in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom