It's The Little Things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been called three times for jury duty , two for Country, and one Federal. I noticed some people acted like they wanted on these juries, and I didn't understand that,. I was not selected, deliberately said stuff to keep from being chosen, for a Country jury and had to keep going back each Monday I think, and then calling in, for several weeks, A pain in the rear. The federal Jury I was chosen to serve on the first jury selected, and that lasted three days. and we were excused from the three month obligation! Now I know why these people wanted to get on early juries?
I was called for a federal jury but again was let go before I got to tell the kid he couldn't bring his M203 home with him after deployment.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We made a mistake once and bought Mississippi cattle that had never seen a fence. Half deer half elk shaped in the form of a cow. They could clear a six strand barbed wire fence without a runup. Damndest thing I ever saw. We tried an electric fence before the regular fence and it had no effect. We had to run a two strand electric 3 feet above the 6 strand fence just to keep them in.
I had a buddy that bought a new bull, brought him home, and turned him into a 6 foot pipe corral. He said this bull walked about two rounds, and jumped the corral and took off down the road. This guy was a little hot headed, and he went and got his shot gun, and box of bird shot, and he shot that bull untill he jumped back into that corral! He said after that you could keep this bull in one strand of wire, and he had bird shot working out of his hide for months!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy that bought a new bull, brought him home, and turned him into a 6 foot pipe corral. He said this bull walked about two rounds, and jumped the corral and took off down the road. This guy was a little hot headed, and he went and got his shot gun, and box of bird shot, and he shot that bull untill he jumped back into that corral! He said after that you could keep this bull in one strand of wire, and he had bird shot working out of his hide for months!

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be a Cattle Barron until I retired. I learned I had to have a good paying job to afford that hobby! There was an article in the Tulsa World years ago that struck me, so much I still remember it. This article said, " 20 black baldy heifers for sale, or trade, for anything that don't eat, or get out!
Reminds me of another story… A few years ago a buddy of mine and myself were considering getting into the meat goat business. An old timer told us to take our time and build a good fence. He said after we finish to take a glass of water and throw the water at the fence. With a big grin on his face, he said if the water goes through the fence, it ain’t gonna hold a goat.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of another story… A few years ago a buddy of mine and myself were considering getting into the meat goat business. An old timer told us to take our time and build a good fence. He said after we finish to take a glass of water and throw the water at the fence. With a big grin on his face, he said if the water goes through the fence, it ain’t gonna hold a goat.
If they can navigate the Rocky Mountains, good luck building a fence that will hold them.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a tilt up concrete slab without windows might work?

1648590581593.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the subject at hand. Mani and I have been working on me being gone for a few hours at a time. First by enclosure in a laundry room with her food, water, bed and a few toys.

Yesterday, during jury duty, I didn't want to abuse her by leaving her in that room so I blocked the doggie doors to the house from our screened sunroom but she could still go outside and play or run to her heart's content.

I found where she had tried to dig out under the gate but ran into the concrete blocks I had buried to thwart such an escape attempt. She has dug a bit in the middle of the lawn. I covered it up. she dug it back in the same spot. I covered it up, and again the same spot. I covered again and the hole has moved two feet to another spot but the digging is right over and follows a new gas line from last year. Maybe a NG leak?

Maybe?

https://blog.asnt.org/going-to-the-dogs-sniffing-out-pipeline-leaks

Latest posts

Top Bottom