It's The Little Things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished cleaning a Timex m24 movement yesterday. Got it all dried and lubed up, gave it a good wind and it fired right up. Walked in from work today and it was still going strong......... Just ordered a new band and now it is time to polish the case and crystal to get it ready for assembly.
I wish I had steady enough hands for that type of delicate work. I've been watching a lot of watch repair videos on YouTube lately. Looks like a fun hobby, not that I need another money pit in my life though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retire if you can. I went from planning on working three more years to retiring in three days and never regretted it.
No kidding. Once we got everything in order with our financial guy, we ended up making a lot more money monthly than while working. All those years of investing paid off.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend bring his car hauler trailer over today so I could work on it for him. This guy is the kind of friend that you could call at any hour to help you out. I was glad to do something for him. He had back surgery lately and isn't able to do much yet.

Sounds like the perfect time to get that old Jaguar!! Could call it a 'road test'. Wichita is calling!!!

:thumbup3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some tips for you guys that are too stupid to get out of jury duty. (JK)
The building was built in the art deco period and has art deco elevators that shakes the pee waddlin sheiite out of the court rooms that butt up next to them. The cables slap against the side of the elevator shaft and vibrate for minutes it seems. Take a Dramamine if you are prone to motion sickness. They are loud too, and sometimes you cannot hear what is being said which is constantly.

Grab a seat in the jury box not in the peanut gallery. The jury box has individual chairs with CUSHIONS as opposed to the church pews.
The mind cannot absorb what the seat cannot endure!

For a criminal trial, be prepared to bare your soul as they will ask questions about your neighbor's dog impregnating your dog and how you feel about it.

We had several people tell the judge they could not see themselves finding the subject guilty then sentencing him to life with or life without parole. Especially after finding out it was a case from 2015 and the suspect was 13 when he killed someone.

I will never be called again because they have a 5 year hiatus between you cannot be called up again.
I've never been called for jury duty, but my wife got called for a Murder 1 on her first in Osage county. Two of the three that actually did break in and murder were given life. Wife was in on the third that was the driver that stayed outside.
She said it was totally interesting in how things played out during the trial and in the jury room.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished cleaning a Timex m24 movement yesterday. Got it all dried and lubed up, gave it a good wind and it fired right up. Walked in from work today and it was still going strong......... Just ordered a new band and now it is time to polish the case and crystal to get it ready for assembly.

"Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking!"
John Cameron Swayze

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect time to get that old Jaguar!! Could call it a 'road test'. Wichita is calling!!!

:thumbup3:
You are right. The old Jag will be hauled on his trailer. I plan to go look at it one more time. I want to jack it up and check out underneath it. The more I read on the MK II the more I'm impressed by the car.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A stray pup has been hanging around work for a few days now. Since I brought her out a pan of water, the guys immediately started calling her "my" dog. She came in through an open door on Tuesday, and hid in the shop all night. She also set off the alarm several times, and used the bathroom everywhere. I've been sharing meals with her, and last night she ate more than half my dinner, so I gave in and made a store run to get her a big bag of food and a bowl.

She's sweet, but very skittish. Dunno how long she's been on the street...maybe her whole life. She's got lots of minor war wounds from living the hard knock life, including what must have been a broken leg, which healed without being properly set, so she has a fat knarled lump, and a hitch in her giddyup. Between the yotes and roaming pitbulls in the neighborhood, I'm surprised she's made it this long ... But I really admire her survival skills.

I'd like to take her in permanently, but I'm in financial crises myself right now. If it weren't for my boss letting me use a cot in my office, I'd be sleeping in my car. I guess maybe that right there is enough of a similar plight to build a bond between friendly strays. I'm gonna gently start working on the boss to let her in. Every good dog deserves love, and even though I'm in a tough spot myself....this I have to spare.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can picture in my mind you might be hangin out on a rope eye to eye with them. 🤣😁😁

Well, I have been known to walk right up to the very edge of a cliff so that I can take a picture straight down. We made a day trip to a place called Toroweap Overlook along the north rim of the Grand Canyon where it is 3000 feet down to the river. Sadly, the wind was blowing fairly strong, and the wife wouldn't let me get within 20 feet of the edge without hollering at me.

Oh, and has anyone ever seen a "cliff-side outhouse?"

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been called for jury duty, but my wife got called for a Murder 1 on her first in Osage county. Two of the three that actually did break in and murder were given life. Wife was in on the third that was the driver that stayed outside.
She said it was totally interesting in how things played out during the trial and in the jury room.
I got called for jury duty once. I said something about it at the PD one night while I was at a meeting. One of the officers told me I should call the court clerk and tell them I am a volunteer with the PD. I did and she said they couldn't use me.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I have been known to walk right up to the very edge of a cliff so that I can take a picture straight down. We made a day trip to a place called Toroweap Overlook along the north rim of the Grand Canyon where it is 3000 feet down to the river. Sadly, the wind was blowing fairly strong, and the wife wouldn't let me get within 20 feet of the edge without hollering at me.

Oh, and has anyone ever seen a "cliff-side outhouse?"

I'll bet the wind coming up the side of that cliff will blow your skirt up, and anything else you are depositing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom