It's time to die...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...if your a crow!

20181210_131300.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard you never shoot the first crow that shows up to the food plot.
He is the scout.. he looks too see if the coast is clear then calls in his buddies if he finds it safe.

Shoot one of the buddies not the scout.
The other crows will kill the scout for signaling the safe call when it was not safe.

Is that true??
And is this where killing 2 birds with 1 stone comes into play.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard you never shoot the first crow that shows up to the food plot.
He is the scout.. he looks too see if the coast is clear then calls in his buddies if he finds it safe.

Shoot one of the buddies not the scout.
The other crows will kill the scout for signaling the safe call when it was not safe.

Is that true??
And is this where killing 2 birds with 1 stone comes into play.

I always shoot the first one, just DO NOT MISS. if you miss you might as well move on.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to find crows while out driving the country road, one sitting 250 yards off in a tree, and test my scope on my model 7 .260. Its a poof of feathers and fun as ****.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swampratt,

I have been shooting crows for 50 years now, and I will ALWAYS shoot the scout! With the "scout" out of the way, it's like the rest of the crows lose their sense of what to do, and as such they wind up like the two in post #1.

(Quote)The other crows will kill the scout for signaling the safe call when it was not safe. Is that true??(Quote)

From the thousands of crows that I have shot and killed in my lifetime, I have NEVER seen that to be true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom