I've heard that women dental hygienists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are preferfed because of their "soft, feminine touch". A male dental hygienist is about as scarce as hen's teeth.

Well, let me tell you all to set the record straight. Some of the roughest doctors, dentists, nurses and barbers I've ever encountered were women. The gentlest buzz cuts I'e ever received were from male barbers. Women don't usually get buzz cuts so they have no understanding how sensitve the scalps are when cut close with electric shears. One woman dentist once dragged the drill handle against the corner of my mouth like sawing wood. I've heard of women nurses who pull catheters out of male patients none too gently. Some females in healthcare have a total disdain for men.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I had photos of Dr. Yap a woman dentist in San Marcelino Philippines.
Standing on my lap with a hammer, chisel and pliers removing my teeth.
Removed 5 the first time and 8 the second time. that was about 15 years ago.
If it weren't for the Covid I'd be going back to have more pulled.
Her charge was about $100 US each time $200 total
Here they want $400 -500 a tooth.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
W
Why is this a male/female thing? Are you saying that that ALL men are more gentle than ALL women, or just that one person may be more gentle than another person?
Well, it's just my experiences. Not all men are rough and not all women are gentle in spite of what others might say. My mother's spankings hurt a lot worse than my father's. I'm saying that I have often heard over my lifetime that women are naturally more gentle than men but my own personal experiences at doctors offices, dentists offices and barbershops have proven that doesn't always hold true. I'm explaining the irony of it all.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched a Hip replacement surgery with a buddy who sold implants and whose dad was a big orthopedic surgeon one night while we were all sitting around playing poker tools used Stanley Wood Chisel Stanley Hammer no joke. never know it your out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Mercedes Tx, cross the border into Mexico and get the same or better dental care you get in the US.
Thousands of Americans go there annually for dental work.
If I remember right a tooth replacement requiring a socket and a follow up visit months later after the socket has set for the tooth is about $1100.
Just across the border in the US it's $4500 or more.
The dentists there have been trained in the US and their facility's are as good or better than anything you see in the US.
Buddy got some implants and was totally happy with the results. He had to go back after 6 months.
We spend winters near there so we hear all the feedback. If I remember right, they even take US insurance to help cover.
If your wanting more info let me know.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Ed, with all those tooth extractions were you posing as Toof on here a few months back?...lol

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL Well, I had a female doctor for nearly 25 years. She was OK. No serious issues. I suspect its no different that with any other demographic. There are good ones and bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom