• Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  • All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Ivermectin

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never know if Ivermectin helped me or not. In late January my wife came down with COVID-19, I tested positive two days later. I've had pneumonia twice so out of caution and also pure curiosity I took 3cc orally in a glass of water. There's no doubt COVID-19 sucked but I feel like I came through it really well. The person a "sibling" with the closest DNA match to mine was hospitalized when they caught it and they did NOT take any.

What does that prove? Maybe nothing, maybe it saved my arse? I'll never know.

I figure it's at worst a net neutral and but probably a net positive.

At $29 per 40ml bottle "which is enough for to treat 4,000 lbs", It's certainly worth a shot. It's also never going to make anyone rich so they'll never promote it.

I'm 100% pure Okie and the grandson of a veterinarian so this would be completely normal behavior for my family. Same as smoothing out dental issues with a file or Dremel. YMMV

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since many (but not all) people recover from COVID on their own....do not make the mistake of thinking that by giving ill people a drug (e.g. Ivermectin) that they are being cured by that drug.
Trust medical mainstream opinion and especially your physician.

Snattlerake

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
Ivermec is used as a pour on I'm pretty sure, and in a measured dose. Those mops cant give a measured dose and are not for flys. I've used these for flys and I used a mix of red diesel and some other fly stuff that I cant rememeber and pretreat the mop with it.
Also this warning is fake. My brother is a Veterinarian and I asked him if it was safe and he said yes.
I'm pretty sure the warning is not fake because it is on the website. The substance of the warning might be in question but I'm sure once again the legal eagles have been involved and invoiced the vet supply company for their advice.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the warning is not fake because it is on the website. The substance of the warning might be in question but I'm sure once again the legal eagles have been involved and invoiced the vet supply company for their advice.
That warning is a CYA and thats all. Drs are giving it to covid patients with great results.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Livestock ivermectin comes in 3 forms pour on which worms and keeps flies off for a period of time.. Injectable which can be dosed orally and oral paste.. I worm the dog with the paste made for horses and have used the injectable..Been using ivomect many a years and have noticed a wide safety margin.. I once dosed a 3-4 lb chiwowowa and thought OH chit I just killed the wifes dog, Nope and you can bet that sucker was worm free.. Heart worm meds also have / had ivomec..

Top Bottom