IWI announces the Tavor 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Specifications:
• Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
• Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16" barrel; 1:10 with 18" barrel
• OAL: 26.75" with 16" barrel (without flash suppressor)
• Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
• Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
• Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green

Features (muzzle to butt):
• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
• 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
• Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
• Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o'clock when removed.
• Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
• Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
• Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
• Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
• Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
• Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
• Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.

Ambidextrous Features:
• Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
• Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
• Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 450 rotation (unlike 900 on our SAR and X95).
• Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.

Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.
tavor7.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the shortness of the tavor but that's about it. Why do they use such penciled barrels? And the price is way too high. If it weren't I would probably get one just to have. As it is, just can't do it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the trigger going to suck as bad as the 5.56 options?
Also, the butt loaded weight is weird. And mags changes are awkward.

I've shot them and they aren't for me, even though I really wanted one.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 5.56 Tavor. I really wanted to like it, but the ergonomics were too odd for my taste. As mentioned, mag changes were awkward, and the manual of arms was just too different so the rifle went on to a new owner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom