J frame carry ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is why I like small revolvers. I'm sitting here thinking about swapping over to one of my sp101s, currently have a 19x and two mags stabbing me in multiple places, and I haven't even left the house yet! a snubby j frame is on my short list for sure. I honestly can't believe I don't already have one.

Everyone should own a 442 or 642

Or similar model

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone should own a 442 or 642

Or similar model
Or both. I really like my 640. I like the weight of it compared to the airweights.
I had a 640 when they first came out and wasn’t a fan of the DAO, and I had a 442 a couple years ago and wasn’t a fan of DAO. I now have a Kimber K6s and am still not a fan of DAO, but I’m trying to make myself like the gun. It does have an exponentially better trigger pull than both Smiths did.
The long and short of it is that I just prefer a hammer on a revolver. :anyone:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried a lot of different ammo in my S&W 637 and in my late father's old service gun, a Colt Detective Special (born in 1957). Probably all works as advertised. What I carry now is Hornady 110gr. Critical Defense.

Attachments

• Snubbies Blackjack.jpg
    Snubbies Blackjack.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 0

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
340PD here, carried for about 10 years, slightly over 11oz with CT grips to handle recoil. laser helps verifying if you are on target during DAO practice drills with snap caps or fired brass.

went off deep end, lightest revolvers years back with 337 Airlite Ti @slightly under 11oz, hammer spur got in the way for carry duties.

it doesn't take too many rounds of full load .357 in 340PD to make one question sanity of your palms close to bleeding.

then search was on lightest recoiling .357 ammo, heavy enough not to worry about projectile unseating from recoil and not make your palms bleed.

self defense ammo at about $2 round, gotta shoot it!
practice with std .38 special and +P .. since I know the .357 ammo carried is mild for a .357.

borrowed pic for 337 ..

1679258479176.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom