J Frame IWB holster suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my 340 j-frame on computer Monday I picked up a leather Desantis off of grabagun for $20 to use in the 12:30/1:00 spot. I've been using an uncle Mike's softy that I picked up somewhere but I don't have a belly to fold over the grips so every time I sit down or bend over seems like the gun tries to squeeze out like one of those push pop frozen treats. Find myself always pushing down on the gun. Not good if you're trying to go unnoticed . Never owned a Desantis hopefully the holster will be as good as the price.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reasonable price?$75 for a single clip kydex Holster? Seems high to me. www.pjholsters.com will make a fine one, and you can even have him make it ride lower or higher if you want and at about $55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the correct website address because it gives me a message that that web domain is for sale.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Phlster also makes an interesting j frame Kydex holster.

If that’s the City Special, it looks interesting, but shows unavailable at this time? Pretty high priced too, but as was pointed out above, if you like it, and it works for you, then it may well be worth it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His work is good. His service is good. So to me it is reasonable.

E

Then that makes it a good deal. I wasn’t trying to dis on the gear or the maker; it was just an off hand comment. I’ve spent plenty more than I really needed to spend in the past on holsters anyway. And guns, and ammo, and magazine pouches, and assorted stuff, etc.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I really like the metal clip option on the DSG holster. The clip works extremely well with or without a belt, it holds the holster securely to a pair of sweatpants or lightweight shorts allowing you to draw the gun without the holster coming along with it. The holster is made a little bit longer than the actual barrel length which keeps the butt of the gun from pushing away from the body or the gun/holster from trying to roll over the top of the belt. Those are a couple of the details that make the holster more than just a sheet of kydex folded over a blue gun mold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom