J-Frames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your comments and info. I've owned two Taurus revolvers and had problems with neither. It sounds like there is a QC issue; some people have gotten the bad ones, but I've been fortunate enough not to.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1964 model 37 that my dad carried for 40 years. I continue the tradition
61d107a68165b6184530964fc6e9390e.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may think I just added neon lights to a classic Chevrolet, but damn these are comfy grips. Now I can safely store the numbers matching wood set..
a09adf865ce8fa4d66c04d0a4c9044c5.jpg
05577ce67d7578d8dcbab79cdb1f706a.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not bragging or patting myself on the back...quite the contrary. I'm actually kinda embarrassed to admit this, but I don't think anybody has owned more Jaybirds than I have. Maybe ldp4570, but yeah, I've bought, sold and traded a gozillion of 'em.

The model 442 Airweight Centennial and model 38 Airweight Bodyguard (NOT to be confused with S&W's "new" Bodyguard) are my two favorites. Of course, I pocket carry too. If I were gonna hip carry, I'd go with a Chief's Special model 36 or perhaps the all stainless model 60.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Ruger LCR is probably a better revolver than the J frame. They are more accurate, the trigger is smoother and the damned thing just feels better in the hand.

Either way, the little 5 shot wheelie is damned hard to beat. There's a reason why the J frame has survived all these years and they still see lots and lots of service.

Its not that I've owned a lot of J-frames, its just that I don't flip that many. I tend to keep most of what I've bought. One must remember there are more than just J-frames from S&W. Before the J-frame there was the Lady-Smith and after that the I-frame, and then the Pre J-frame. The Lady-Smith was a very small framed .22 short an LongRifle chambered revolver. The I-framed gun was also chambered in .32 Short an Long cartridge as well as all the non-magnumed .22 cartridges. Then came the Pre J-framed guns for the .38 Short, and towards its end the .38 Special, it was also chambered in .32 Long too. After a redesign of the frame we have no the J-framed guns. Of course prior to all these mentioned we had all the top-break/bottom breaked revolvers starting in .22Short up to .38Short. The last of these was the .38 Perfected which brought about the solid frame an the new side latch which would be incorporated into all the new solid frame guns.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn I'd love to have a gun like that in 9mm. A pic of the gun would help, as well as how you want to carry it. I am 99.9% sure any J-Frame holster for a Centennial will work. A gun like that deserves a nicer holster. A few dollars more can get you away from Desantis and Galco stuff and in some nice custom leather, like a Sparks, or Kramer. I myself am partial to Kramer in Horsehide. It's tough rig for a tough gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom