J-Frames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a S&W 642 and i think when it comes to smaller guns a person should stick with proven models. I have an idiotic urge to fire a 357 magnum J frame (38 special +p wasn't so bad lets see how much 357 hurts my hand), and if i ever find a S&W model 940 for a good price i'll buy it.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J-Frame - always on me in my pocket. That's what's so good about them. If I have to dress in such a way that I can only carry one - it's almost always my J-Frame. I love my Jay. I only carry it in one of my pants pockets or a jacket pocket - no iwb, belt carry or band carry. If in a pants pocket, it's usually in the right front pocket, but sometimes I'll keep it in the hip pocket. Jacket pocket is really nice because it doesn't have an exposed hammer and you can shoot from a jacket pocket without the hammer or hammer spur catching on fabric.

i.imgur.com_oxTrtcp.jpg

i.imgur.com_bPt2h2Y.jpg

i.imgur.com_X4hFVnm.jpg

Last edited:

ADDO

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, out of all my J-Frames, the Scandium 340 is my main carry piece. I'll admit that it is stoked with 38 +P.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Technically those are J-frame's. Now if both had round trigger guards without the stretched frames then they would be the original "I"/"J" frames that were the original's.
I was referring to the J in the serial number that was implemented in 1969.
Technically those are J-frame's. Now if both had round trigger guards without the stretched frames then they would be the original "I"/"J" frames that were the original's.

Sent via Tapatalk

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think that the Model 17 and 617 are K-frames, not J.

I have the Model 36 and the Model 60 (pinned/recessed) for discrete carry and they are utterly dependable

Latest posts

Top Bottom