J&K .45 230gr LRN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won these in the giveaway earlier this year and was in the process of packing. Well, I got my stuff all situated as far as reloading goes and I finally got a chance to load these bad boys up. They loaded up great and I can't wait to try them. Planning on lighting them off at the gun club on Saturday and will report back.

104 rounds (Mitch can't count :P), .45ACP 230gr LRN from J&K Bullet Casters loaded over 4.6 grains of TiteGroup and to an overall length of 1.25".

***UPDATE***
Just got back from the range. This is a great load! Only problem that I had with it was the smoke. The TiteGroup with the lead is just a little too smokey. No problem on an outdoor range, but may be a pain at H&H. This load has quite a bit less recoil than the factory ammo I shot (Remington JHP 100rd pack) and shot very consistently. I may try some WST to cut down on the smoke, but I'm definitely buying more of these bullets from J&K. I've very happy with the performance.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Reloading_6756a9ed.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but pretty much anything I've shot with lead is pretty smokey. It runs really clean with my plated and jacketed bullets though. I really like the powder, just have to be careful with it. I think I could get 3 charges in the .45s and 2 in my 147 gr 9mms, not good. Love the way my 3.5" 1911 shoots with 230gr Berry's and TiteGroup. It is really nice.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice.. I used to shoot .45 and you are right, when you are playing with loads sometimes 2 powder charges can sneak in there. I don't think I ever shot one but I have been around folks that did and you can certainly tell the difference. If you are up for playing with loads, try WST. It isn't as smokey and burns pretty clean when shooting lead..

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dustin, give WST or Solo 1000 a try, they are very clean.

Will look into it, thanks!!

Let me know how they shoot. I've got most of a 4 lb jug of Titegroup left over from my "foty" days, and was hoping to use it up on some 45.

Will do. Should have a review posted up Saturday afternoon some time. I've shot this load with 230gr Berry's plated bullets and it is awesome.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might as well throw in my load with the JK 230's.
5.1 gr of Unique shoots really well in mine. Never really tried any other powder. Been shooting unique for almost 40 yrs. Use to be one of the "dirty powders" and even though its been reformulated to be a cleaner powder, it still carries the reputation.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be good times had tomorrow. I found 150 rounds of federal 9mm (replaced blazer at wally?) and I picked that up so between the 1911 and the XD the plinking range should be plunked. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom