James Bond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pierce was my favorite 007. Daniel Craig is a close second. Probably generational. I've tried watching the old Bond flicks, but I can't even get half an hour into them. They're just soooooo bad. But given the other flicks at the time, these were probably Endgame level entertainment. Have you seen Two Lane Blacktop? Bleh.

I'd pay to see Halle Berry play 007. She's such a sexy maneater, and probably a better shooter than most of us.
Connery in the "old flicks" was, how can I put this, fulfilling every man's fantasy. Making love to Ursula Andres, (I'd undress Andres!) Honor Blackman, Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzi, Karin Dor, Dianna Rigg, (Roar!) Jill St John, ( Double, no, triple Roar!!) and Lana Wood, (gave me wood)

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Connery in the "old flicks" was, how can I put this, fulfilling every man's fantasy. Making love to Ursula Andres, (I'd undress Andres!) Honor Blackman, Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzi, Karin Dor, Dianna Rigg, (Roar!) Jill St John, ( Double, no, triple Roar!!) and Lana Wood, (gave me wood)

I get it. Ladies from my youth remain eternally attractive to me too, and the movies are held in the highest regard. Guess that's true of anything that imprints on us during those developing years. For instance, The Fast & The Furious will always be a top movie in my book, even though generations older and younger agree it's rubbish.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sean Connery is the OG Bond. George Lazenby was by far the worst. (Thankfully he only lasted 1 movie).

I actually liked Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. Not as much as Roger more, but more than Timothy Dalton.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new James Bond movie out in November.

I couldn't even watch the trailer it's so full of CG crap. It's not even interesting anymore. The old Bond movies were at least plausible but the CG stunts and crap in this one is just too over the top.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read every James Bond novel and short story published.

IMO, the only thing that the movies have in common with the written stories is the name.

Also IMO, the Bond played by Daniel Craig is the closest to the Bond in the books.
The Bond in the books was a straight up assassin. Not suave or debonair, just an assassin. He was sent into a situation to kill somebody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom