jamming AMT automag II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its not extracting try checking to make sure that the shell is going in and coming out of the chamber okay. If it is sticking it just may need to be cleaned or there may be a partical of metal making it stick jewllers ruge works wonders don't use to much. also look at the extractor make sure it is clean oiled and the exractor spring is still strong enough, to grasp the shell. Like he said take your time, it will work.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Mark says make sure the firing pin hasn't dinged the edge of the chamber from dry firing.
Also make sure there is no junk in the extractor slot of the barrel.
Look on extractor edge (call it left) that it may be hitting the barrel in the slot before closing. Thereby being held out away from the rim of the casing when the gun fires causing the extractor to slide past.
Or junk between the extractor and the slide holding it out to far.

model29sw

New to the site!
Reaction score
This may belong in the rimfire section, if so I hope the moderators forgive me.
I just traded for an AMT Automag II .22 mag, stainless, w/6" barrel. She looks to be in exelent condition. I have been having feeding problems. The spent round won't eject, or when it does eject the spent round, it fails to load the next live round. Took it completely down, cleaned and oiled, dismantled both mags and stretched the feed springs, changed ammo brand and bullet weights, and the best that I can make it do is 4-5 rounds w/out a misfeed. I don't intend to use it for self defense, so flawless operation is not imperitave, but it is aggrivating as hell.(there are a few armodillos that are sure glad of the feed problems though)
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jimbo
I know 'm late but mine wouldn't function tried Winchester fmj nope then bought fiochhi from natchez worked perfectly 1910 fps approx. of course oiled it up to start as did with the pthers also

Latest posts

Top Bottom