Jayleen Hurts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had me right up to the last sentence , now I just want to ask how much time you spent with them two young fellas to have the insight to make that assumption.
Let’s be fair here Kyler did exactly that, he waited his turn and stayed with th4 team when he could have gone elswhere. I don’t think Baker could have done that he’s to high strung....can’t say for sure only that one of the two mentioned actually did take a back seat and wait his turn

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s be fair here Kyler did exactly that, he waited his turn and stayed with th4 team when he could have gone elswhere. I don’t think Baker could have done that he’s to high strung....can’t say for sure only that one of the two mentioned actually did take a back seat and wait his turn
Girl-Wat.jpg

Like JD8 said. Baker did it. TWICE.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a good match for both sides. Wit seems like an interesting choice of schools he looked at. While he mostly sat out this last season as a backup he had some moments of brilliance. I think OU gives him the best chance at a major D1 program to show his skill and get the best opportunity for the NFL draft.

So, I obviously missed something. Did Murray decide to go swing the stick?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a good match for both sides. Wit seems like an interesting choice of schools he looked at. While he mostly sat out this last season as a backup he had some moments of brilliance. I think OU gives him the best chance at a major D1 program to show his skill and get the best opportunity for the NFL draft.

So, I obviously missed something. Did Murray decide to go swing the stick?

He has that nearly $5mil contract ready and he declared for the NFL draft to test the waters there. So he's done with college ball (both of them).

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be funny if he got beat out for the starting job by one of the unknown kids lying in wait? That Spencer Rattles guy maybe? I mean, OU doesn’t recruit no-talent bums after all. It’s not a given that he has the starting Q-back at job for OU yet.

Rattler will likely red shirt which opens up the position for a year. Which Hurts fits into nicely. Our projected starter before the Rattler signing, Austin Kendall, didn't want one year playing then to lose his job to Rattler, so he's into the transfer portal.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 130346

Like JD8 said. Baker did it. TWICE.
I don’t see JD8 posts, Jalen Hurt got sent to the bench after being the starting QB for two year and 2 consecutive one loss seasons, then he was benched. NO, BAKER DID NOT DO THAT not ans all andhe damn sure didn’t do it TWICE! Murray has the closest experience to Hurt having had the patience to wait for Bakers career to finish. Back to the original post you commented on and I responded to.....TFF said Hurt would be a good influence because he supported his team after losing his spot and that he didn’t think Murray or Baker had the stomach for that.

I say Murray absolutely does have the stomach because he already did it ...he stayed under Baker (when he could have transferred elsewhere and likely been an impact player sooner)....A compelling case could be made that once Baker lost his starting spot to Davis Webb at Texas Tech he bolted, I’m not saying he wasnt a walk on phenom which he did do twice once at Tech and again at OU, but this isn’t the same issue/concept we were initially discussing.

That being said I would bet Kyler Murray has his head on straighter than either Mayfield or Hurt, but that’s my opinion.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rattler will likely red shirt which opens up the position for a year. Which Hurts fits into nicely. Our projected starter before the Rattler signing, Austin Kendall, didn't want one year playing then to lose his job to Rattler, so he's into the transfer portal.
Redshirts can play in 4 games without losing their shirt? Is that the new rule ?

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t we have QB Tanner Mordecai in the wings as well?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hurts wasn't treated with the disrespect Baker was at TT. So we may never know the coulda, shoulda, woulda.

What we DO know is that Baker lost his starting job, walked on somewhere else, ran the scout team, and earned his spot on the roster. Not to mention all the work he put in waiting to start for the Browns. We also know that Baker is NOT lacking in team support in any way shape or form lol. Given all his antics and comments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom