Jeep people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the jacked up rigs never touch dirt. Mall crawlers we call them. I would see real jeepers get upset at "those" people, but I'm thankful they buy jeeps. If it wasn't for the grocery getting crowd buying the jewelry for their jeeps, the innovation in extras would be 10% of what's out there.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They see my round headlights and wave, then get closer and realize that they're not sure what they waved at lol.
20140826_201957_zpsm7ddxgws.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee limited.
Best leather seats we had ever sat on but like Consumer Reports,the worst vehicle among owners for repairs.
Ours fell into that category.
The AC ports didn’t work requiring 3 complete dash removals to fix servos. Reflashing the computer after each.
Tranny went out at 60K miles just like CR said it would and at 110,K miles the engine went.
Just like we read it could.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee limited.
Best leather seats we had ever sat on but like Consumer Reports,the worst vehicle among owners for repairs.
Ours fell into that category.
The AC ports didn’t work requiring 3 complete dash removals to fix servos. Reflashing the computer after each.
Tranny went out at 60K miles just like CR said it would and at 110,K miles the engine went.
Just like we read it could.

I have a friend that bought one. After she bought it I told her I wish she would have talked to me or at least read about them online being so terrible.

so far it’s been alright but I don’t expect them to make it through the year without having an issue.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eco diesel in a newer jeep only 24 MPG.
That MPG is Oldsmobile 350 diesel MPG actually a little less.
That eco diesel makes 2x more HP and 2X more TQ than the Oldsmobile though.

I would bet a revamp of some of that power could possibly get you a 40+MPG diesel Jeep

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eco diesel in a newer jeep only 24 MPG.
That MPG is Oldsmobile 350 diesel MPG actually a little less.
That eco diesel makes 2x more HP and 2X more TQ than the Oldsmobile though.

I would bet a revamp of some of that power could possibly get you a 40+MPG diesel Jeep
Think the bigger issue is aerodynamics. At the end of the day, it’s a brick.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t get truck people whose don’t need to haul or tow things, super car owners, drag racers, or sw revolver people. Good thing their enjoyment of such things doesn’t involve me getting it.

I finally put a real top on my TJ a month or so ago. Feels weird.

It’s a completely impractical vehicle, rides rough, gets terrible mpg, wanders all over the road, has many quirks. Yet is insanely fun in the snow and off road. I’m a complete addict and have been since I first rode in one when I was 4 years old.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the jacked up rigs never touch dirt. Mall crawlers we call them. I would see real jeepers get upset at "those" people, but I'm thankful they buy jeeps. If it wasn't for the grocery getting crowd buying the jewelry for their jeeps, the innovation in extras would be 10% of what's out there.

This 100%. I have a cruiser and there are WAY fewer part choices and they cost 2-3 times jeep prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom